5/12/13

Review of Evan Dead Men Play Chess by Michael Weitz

TITLE - EVEN DEAD MEN PLAY CHESS
AUTHOR - MICHAEL WEITZ
REVIEWER - WENDE SHEETS
STARS - 5


RAY GORDON WAS A FORMER POLICE OFFICER WHO LOVED THE GAME OF CHESS. LOVED IT SO MUCH HE DECIDED THAT HE WOULD BE A TEACHER. THIS IS HOW RAY MEETS WALTER KELLY, A 65 YR OLD, RETIRED AND HAS TWO PASSIONS, WOODWORKING AND CHESS. WALTER AND RAY NOT ONLY HAD CHESS IN COMMON BUT WALTER KNEW RAYS MOM, WHO DIED WHEN RAY WAS ONLY 11 YEARS OLD. WHILE VISITING AND TEACHING CHESS RAY LOVED TO HEAR STORIES OF HIS MOTHER. RAY SHOWED UP AT WALTERS DOOR FOR A NORMAL LESSON WHEN HE DISCOVERS THAT WALTER DIED IN HIS WORKSHOP. RAY STAYS AROUND FOR THE FUNERAL AND SOON DISCOVERS THAT THINGS DO NOT ADD UP. BEING A FORMER COP HE IS COURIOUS AND BEINGS DIGGING AND POKING AROUND. WHAT RAY FINDS IS A SURPRISE AND RAISES THE QUESTION OF HOW WALTER WOULD GET CAUGHT UP IN THE UNDERGROUND DRUG WORLD OR DID WALTER DISCOVER UNCOVER SOMETHING THAT WAS MEANT TO BE BURIED ?? RAY SOON UNCOVERS ALL THE ANSWERS INCLUDING IF WALTER WAS MURDERED OR WAS IT REALLY AN ACCIDENT ????

HOW DOES DEAD MEN PLAY CHESS ????? THAT WAS THE QUESTION I HAD WHEN I STARTED READING THIS BOOK. I LOVED THE BOOK AND FELL RIGHT INTO IT FROM THE FIRST FEW SENTENCES. THE BOOK FLOWS SO SMOOTHLY THAT BEFORE I KNEW IT 2 HOURS HAD WENT BY AND THE BOOK WAS TO THE END ! A GREAT READ AND WOULD READ MANY MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)