5/22/13

DEC PUB 11 Fallen Angel by Amanda McIntyre

 Fallen Angel

This is the second of the Tales of the Sweet Magnolia, Angel, one of the residents of the bordello Sweet Magnolia, finds herself yearning for the kind of love her previous madam found with the Sheriff even if both have disappeared.  She decides to take some piano lessons as Lili used to sing some wonderful songs by someone called Billy Joel who's lyrics tugged at her heart. Meanwhile in the modern world Virginia City Det. Shado Jackson is on the trail of a big drug lord and assumes the sweet girl who appears asking for directions has been sent as a distraction but minutes later she is an important witness to a crime - if only she wasn't suffering from amnesia ....

Having read the first book I was surprised to find this had a modern setting and once more the issues of "time travel" is well dealt with as Angel can't remember anything even if she does really love re-runs of Gunsmoke! For me she seems to become familiar with the modern world slightly too quickly but again maybe the fact everyone accepts she knows nothing means that her not understanding isn't an issue.  I really liked the characters in this book Shado is tormented by his brother's death and is drawn to Angel but as a witness he should be hands off not to mention this mysterious Billy she is looking for.  His partner and friend Jack is great. Meanwhile I find Angel strangely reticent for a resident of a bordello but she is very sweet and the neighbour Mrs Brisbee is a lot of fun and then there is the surprise appearance of someone from book 1 in a way I really didn't expect. Another very charming read with a strong story.

I would rate this 4 out of 5 stars

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)