8/2/12

Michelle Grogan

Forbidden Love

Jake is best friends with one of the biggest crime families in the city. He grew up with Johnny and now helps with his "business", both legal and illegal. Jessica, has just come home from college. Her and her farther do not have the greatest relationship but she is moving back to be close to him and to start a life on her own. Done with school for a time, she wants her own apartment with no more guards. Her farther wants her protected. Her farther has his own businesses, both legal and illegal. When Jessica convinces her father to let her get her own apartment, she is thrilled. She gets a job with Sara, Johnnies wife. Jake, being such good friends with Johnny and Sara comes to help Sara out and meets Jessica. The sparks fly. Johnny and Luis both hate the relationship and want it to stop. But how can you stop love? The love grows and Jessica, unknown to herself has become a target. Someone wants to bring down both mob families and are willing to use her to do it. The little town, just looks like a sleepy little town. With someone trying to bring down two crime families, will they stop them in time before someone is killed? Will Luis every accept Jake? "What if Love isn't enough?"


This was a good story for that person looking for a light mystery and a little romance. I would consider it almost a YA book. It does have one small sex scene but nothing terrible. Safe for 16 and up. Mild violence. Basically Forbidden Love is a Romeo & Juliet love story with mob families. It is a little predictable but I enjoyed the story. The action at the end will keep you on the edge of your seat. The ending surprised me. I wont give away any more than that.  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir...! I am an Author, Journalist, Editor , Media Man ,Critic, Retd. Director of Radio,and Convener of Ambika Prasad Divya Literary Awards of National Repute. I have written thousands of Articles, Reviews,Stories and Interviewed Thousands of Personalities . May I be a member of your institution as a Critic, Reviewer..? Will it be a paid job..? I will feel obliged if you reply me in details please..?
    I have posted 1000 Thoughts on internet like this one, which are liked by millions of Readers. For example here is my latest Thought---
    Now I send the Moon there.....!
    --------- Jagdish Kinjalk -------
    Moon is my closest Friend from my childhood. My Mother ( Great Smt. Kamla Divya, of Ajaigarh, distt. Panna, M.P. ) used to show me the beautiful Moon from the roof of our House at Ajaigarh for 15 days daily. She used to sing so many
    folk songs, to bring sound sleep in my eyes.The melodious voice of my mother, and the charming and soothing Light of Moon..both used to bring me sound sleep.How pleasing and charming were those days...! I have not forgotten them as yet.The melodious voice of my Mother and enchanting Light of the Moon, filled all that in my life, which I can not forget , and can not express in words..! My father ( Great Writer, Artist and Educationist ) Late Shri Ambika Prasad Divya made me Author, Journalist and Media man , by his teachings, Preaching s and Education.My Mother made me " Human Being " in real sense.
    I don't know, whether I could make my children according to my wish or not..? I don't know , as a Father how much successful am I ? But I am sure, I proved myself a worthy Son.
    Now I have got a cute and loving Grand Son ( master Atharv Khare ) who lives miles away from me.When ever I remember him, I request the Great Moon to go there and shower his Love, Light and Blessings . I am thankful to the Great Moon, that he accepts my request ..@ Jagdish Kinjalk @
    ( Jagdish Kinjalk )
    Author, Journalist, Editor, Media Man, Retd Director of Radio and Convener of Ambika Prasad Divya Literary Awards of National Repute )
    Sahitya Sadan, 145-A, Sainath Nagar, C-Sector, Kolar Road, Bhopal-462042. M.P. India.
    Email-- jagdishkinjalk@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)