8/29/12

Eva Marquez review

Sweetest Taboo


Isabel, a 15 year old High School student. She is a good student from a average immigrant family and in an average High School. She joins the swim team and meets Mr Stevens. Mr. Stevens is a young 30's something teacher. Good looking and teaches upper class men in math and photography. Liz, Isabel's best friend, has no clue why Isabel has a crush on him. He is a teacher. Even if he liked her, she can't have a relationship with him. The relationship would be more than just taboo. Will Isabel and Mr Stevens get together? Will they have a relationship that is the Sweetest Taboo?


In this review, I can't say too much, without giving away too much of the story away. This was a story I would not have read on my own but I am really glad I did. It is a book that makes you think about what is taboo and why. Although I do believe a relationship like this is wrong, what young girl doesn't have a crush on a adult figure in there life. A coach, teacher, instructor, or who ever, we all have been there, girl or boy. This is the story of that type of relationship. Sweetest Taboo, is ultimately the story of a remembered  young love and a teenager growing into adulthood.  There is a couple brief sex scenes and because of these I can't classify the story as a young adult. But, I know the readers who are going to relate to the story the most, are young adults. I would recommend 16 - 18 and up(depending on maturity), do to the subject matter. Very good story, keeps you interested through till the end. I think what surprised me the most, is as reading you really feel for the characters. So although, I don't condone this type of relationship, the characters of the story become like reading about a close friend or like Eva portrays in the beginning of the book, like reading someones secret diary. A truly TABOO situation. Really cool read!

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)