9/18/12

Candace Schuler

Lovers and Strangers
The Hollywood Nights Series  Book 1

Jack Shannon, early 40's world reporter heads back to LA's ,Wilshire Arms, 25 years after the tragic death of his brother there.  Jack returns hoping to answer the questions surrounding the suicide of his brother and appease his conscience after taking personal blame for the argument that led up to his brother committing suicide all those years ago.  LA is where he meets 24 year old Faith McCroy, newly relocated from Georgia.  Faith fled Georgia leaving an overly controlling father to find freedom, peace and happiness.  This is a shorter story detailing the ups and downs of their relationship where both come with emotional baggage.  Can they find a way to overcome their past disappointments and forage a new life together?  Is it meant to be or only a moment in time?  Will a 18 year age difference be a factor?

Review:  I enjoyed the detailing surrounding the characters personalities.  Its the story of love, pain, sympathy and compassion that every good book needs.  Details how two people can find trust and reclaim passion after tragedy in their own lives.  Overall an easy adult read, mild sexual content.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for reviewing my book on your site, Julie. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seem like its going to be a good book I can't wait to read it

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)