9/3/12

Wendy Lindstrom

Shades of Honor

 
Going back to where you came from is sometimes the hardest thing to do.  Radford Grayson does just that in this story of returning to your roots and facing your past.  He brings with him his four year old motherless, fearful daughter Rebecca.  Radford comes home to Fredonia, New York in 1870 after years of staying away- 1st during the war and then trying to fight his post war memories.  He comes back home to his three brothers Kyle, Boyd and Duke to help run the family sawmill.  Kyle harbours strong feelings against Radford walking back in to the family business and instead convinces Radford to help run the town livery owned by Evelyn Tucker( Kyles fiancee) and her ailing father. From there it's an emotional story about Radford fighting for inner peace, embracing love, forgiveness and accepting his past while moving forth with his life.  Throughout the story Radford attempts to remain loyal to his family and protect and shelter his emotionally scarred daughter.  The story showcases the emotional battle that all the main characters must overcome while bringing a divided family back together.
 
Review- I enjoyed the well written story.  I appreciate that the author focused on many characters in the book and their many states of emotion and turmoil.  It was an easy read for an adult based audience with very mild intimate personal scenes.  The book ended well and although the ending was predictable, enjoyable none the less.
 
Christine

1 comment:

  1. I just spotted this book on my shelf the other day. I read it many years ago and remember it being a great read!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)