12/28/13

Nickie Wells Special Post (Donna)



Donna: As you may know, I’ve included Nicky Wells in my list of favorite authors of 2013. Today, it’s my great pleasure to host three of Nicky’s main characters to find out a little bit more about this author. Please welcome the one and only Dan Hunter, rock singer and front man of UK rock band, Tuscq; Sophie Penhalligan-Jones; and Jude Shaw. Thank you all for coming!

Dan: Thanks for inviting us here, Donna. We don’t often get a chance to talk about our author, and this is a great opportunity.

Donna: So, Nicky writes books about rock stars. Where does she get her ideas?

Sophie: She’s like me. She loves rock music. She loves rock stars. She just can’t help making up stories about them.

Dan: She does a lot of research, too. She goes to rock concerts all the time, and she’s built up a nice little network of industry contacts to help her put some real teeth into her tales. You know, all that stuff about recording and touring… Nicky likes to understand how things work, so she goes all out on the research. She’s even been to a recording studio and laid down a track herself to see what it’s like.

Jude: And I hear she’s a chronic insomniac. I know for a fact that I was conceived in the middle of the night when she couldn’t sleep, and she had all these fragments of ideas going round her head.

Donna: Does she look after you well?

Dan: What do you mean?

Donna: Do you like your stories?

Sophie: Heck, yes! My goodness, what a rollercoaster she’s given me. When the story began, I kept asking myself, where is she taking me? How can she possibly make my humdrum little existence exciting to her readers? Bang came that encounter at the airport, bang, and Dan was back in my life, and bang all hell broke loose. Oh, and she let me travel. I never thought I’d see so many places in my life.

Dan: I have to admit, I had a bit of a hard time halfway through the Trilogy. It was really painful watching Sophie fall in love with another man. I had a long heart-to-heart with Nicky about this, and she begged me to have faith. So I sat back and waited and hoped for the best. But yes, I do like my story. I think I come out of it rather well.

Sophie: All the girls love you. You had a reviewer hiding in the photocopy room at her work to get to the end of the Encore!

Dan: Well, yes, there is that…

Jude: I love my story. My goodness, if Nicky hadn’t stepped in, I’d be… well, I wouldn’t be making music anymore, that’s for sure.

Donna: What is she like when she’s writing?

Sophie: Obsessed!

Dan: Distracted. As in, the phone rings, and she’ll look at it as if to say, “what the heck is that thing and where did it come from?” I truly believe she loses track of time and real life when she’s writing us. It can be quite funny, actually.

Jude: She sings! She sings all the time. You should have heard her belt out all those Christmas rock tunes while she was writing my story.

Sophie: Oh yes, she does sing. And she jiggles up and down when the plot thickens, or when she’s written a particularly good scene.

Dan: I swear she blushes when she writes the…um… well… romance scenes.

Sophie: She does not!

Dan: She does, too. That scene on the coach… she was practically glowing.

Sophie: How would you know? You were otherwise engaged!

Dan: I could feel her cheeks burn.

Sophie: I doubt that, but I tell you what. She doesn’t half cry. My goodness, she went through two packs of tissues when she wrote that scene about how I remember Steve. You know, after the fake burglary when you came round to my house, and you cuddled me, and I fell asleep and remembered? I don’t know who was more upset then, me or Nicky.

Donna: Speaking of… That was a terrible shock, that was. Does Nicky put on the bossy hat, or do you get a say in your destiny?

Sophie: She’s got it all planned out, usually, and that’s good. But I’ve had the odd occasion to object, here or there, and Nicky’s been really good about listening and making adjustments.

Jude: I’d have to agree with that. She does listen. Like my girlfriend Carrie, well, she had some concerns about taking me back just like that. She said that I needed to show a lot more regret and love. So Nicky went back and added a whole little subplot involving memories and baubles and tokens of affection. It worked out fabulously in the end, and Carrie was well chuffed.

Donna: What are Nicky’s worst habits when she’s writing?

Dan: She’s a perfectionist.

Sophie: She drinks way too much coffee. I get dizzy just thinking about the amount of caffeine going round her body.

Jude: She doesn’t eat enough chocolate, and then she gets all grumpy when her sugar levels drop.

Donna: Perfectionism, too much caffeine and too little sugar. That’s an intriguing combination. Guys, it’s been wonderful chatting with you today. I hope you can come back again sometime soon. Oh, I do have one last question. Do you know what Nicky is working on now?

Sophie: I do! She’s working on two novels concurrently, mad woman that she is. One is called “Fallen For Rock” and it tells the story of Emily, who ditched her wanna-be-rockstar boyfriend Nate because, well, frankly, she can’t stand rock. The lead singer of a famous rock band shows her the error of her ways but really, all she wants is for Nate to come back to her. Alas, it’s not as simple as that… and I won’t say any more than that for now.

Jude: And her second work-in-progress is a rather funny story about a female rock singer and the unexpected outcome of her wedding night. This novel is very much in its infancy, so I’m not allowed to share a title at this time, it’s all hush-hush!

Donna: Wow! Thank you again, and take care!

Sophie: Rock on, Donna!

Dan: Lovely meeting you, sweetheart!

Jude: Wishing you and all your readers a very happy festive season!



Sophie Penhalligan Jones and Dan Hunter are the main characters in Nicky’s Rock Star Romance Trilogy (Sophie’s Turn, Sophie’s Run, Sophie’s Encore). Jude Shaw is the hero in Nicky’s Christmas novella, Spirits of Christmas.


About Nicky Wells: Romance that Rocks Your World!

Nicky Wells is your ultimate rock chick author. Signed to US Publisher, Sapphire Star Publishing, Nicky writes Romance That Rocks Your World, featuring the rock star and the girl next door.

Nicky’s books offer glitzy, glamorous contemporary romance with a rock theme ~ imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill!

Born in Germany, Nicky moved to the United Kingdom in 1993 and currently lives in Lincoln. In a previous professional life, Nicky worked as a researcher and project manager for an international Human Resources research firm based in London and Washington, D.C. Like her first leading lady, Sophie, Nicky loves listening to rock music, dancing, and eating lobsters. When she’s not writing, she’s a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and regular contributor to The Midweek Drive show on Lincoln’s Siren 107.3 FM. Rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)