11/11/12

Margaret Millmore Review of The Begining book 1


The Beginning:? Book 1 of “The Four”

Clare, Sal, Collin, Sam, and Kate have been great friends since junior high.? Their backgrounds and their proximity to each other made for close friendships all throughout their lives.? But the one experience which binds them together is the simultaneous horror of a nightmare, which happens to four of the five.? This same dream haunts them for years, widening and deepening as time goes on.? The fifth friend is the voice of reason, the logical help they all need, to keep their sanity.? When a mysterious man approaches them with an offer to make sense of the nightmares, which no one but the five knew about, he is avoided at first. ??But when things get out of hand for the friends, he is allowed to come into their lives and guide them into a realm none of them had expected.

When I first started this book, I told myself I would simply devote an hour a day to reading it, but soon found myself carrying it everywhere.? It isn’t a long read, but every page is a gem.? The character development, their alliances with each other, and the backstory are seamless.? Reading this book is well worth every minute I spent, even the hour or so I stayed up past my bedtime to see the story unfold.? I am now going to go read Book 2.? I am sure it will not disappoint.? Magnificent job, Ms. Millmore!!

5 stars, only because I can’t give it ten.

 K.R. Morrison

2 comments:

  1. Great review, K.R. I love a book that I only plan to read when I can, but it doesn't let me. That's what good book are all about. I will certainly read THE BEGINNING by Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)