4/10/15

Sadie Black Day 2


  First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
  Let’s see… I’m 34 and have lived on the east coast my entire life. My husband
  and I have been blessed with four boisterous, beautiful children. Since they are
  all under the age of 10, my life is pretty crazy most days.


  Newest release?
  My newest release is Indebted Part One: The Virgin & The Bad-Boy Billionaire.

  What can we expect from your stories, action, drama,
  romance,sex, blood and guts?
  You can expect romance with some plot twists and some sizzling sex scenes. I like
  stories that keep you guessing or at least take you down a less familiar path so I try
  to incorporate those qualities in my own writing.

  Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and Why?
  Kendra, the main character from Indebted, is my favorite character because she’s more
  like me than any other character I’ve ever written. She’s headstrong and ambitious, maybe
  to a fault. I was actually a little nervous about publishing this book because of how much of
  myself I wrote into her.

 Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:
 This series is connected to my last one in a very subtle way. One of the men from the last
 series, Chuck Lawson, is the billionaire love interest on Kendra’s favorite trash television
 show, The Bachelor.

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with
your stories?
That’s a difficult one. I think that as an avid reader, I take inspiration from almost everything.       Whether it’s the flashback scenes in Attica Locke’s “Black Water Rising”, or Milly Taiden’s
kindle-melting sex scenes, there’s always something inspiring in each book.

  What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
  I’d have to say that the number one thing readers can do to help any Indie author, like myself,
  is to leave an honest review. If you like the book then it helps spread the word to others. If
  you hate the book and you say why in the review, it helps us learn how to improve our work.

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
Take the plunge! It’s so easy to think that the time in our lives isn’t right for one reason or
another. If you wait for the perfect moment to write or to publish then life will pass you by
and you’ll never achieve your dream. There’s always more reasons not to write than to just sit
down and do it. With digital self-publishing, it has never been easier to get your books to the
public. Push all those doubts, fears and excuses aside and just hit publish.

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
This is going to sound like a cop out, but I don’t have a favorite. The thing that I love about
the new self-publishing age is that I can read up and coming Indie authors that I would
never have the opportunity to enjoy otherwise. I love a broad range of stories from scorching   romances to whodunnit detective stories. It’s like I tell my kids, I love them all equally.

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?
One of the first short stories I wrote was about an evil scarecrow that came to life on Halloween.
I was in elementary school when I wrote it and I remember keeping it to myself because it was
kind of creepy and gory. However, my parents found it and I thought that they were going to be
upset by it, but they were thrilled! They kept saying I was going to be the next Stephen King. I
was too young to be familiar with his work, but I could tell it was a compliment.

Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?
I get inspiration for characters from people I know or have met. I don’t base them entirely on one person, but sometimes there is a lot of them in there. I obviously don’t know any billionaires,
but I do base the men off of real people and then add money to the mix.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?
Does sleep count as a hobby? Between writing and my hectic household, it sometimes feels like  napping might be my favorite past time.

 Favorite places to travel or visit?
 New York City! There’s a reason New York is the backdrop for my stories, I absolutely love it.
 I love the diversity, the arts, the shopping, but mostly I love the bustle. I just feel so
 energized when I’m in New York. Visiting New York is like my Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)