4/4/15

DJ Swykert Day 2

 


Newest release?
The Pool Boy’s Beatitude is my most recent. I have five novels in print now, two not released,
and I’m currently working on a third story with wolves, who are a couple of my favorite
characters. And I mean real Gray Wolves, not fantasy werewolves.
 
What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance,sex, blood and guts?
In my crime novels you’ll find action, drama, and the blood and guts. The Pool Boy’s Beatitude
you might classify as a dark romance. There is some tasteful sex, even a woman into BDSM. I
should have written Fifty Shades of Gray.

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and Why?
I’m very fond of Jack Joseph my errant Pool Boy, he’s a little like me. But I also have a female
character, Maggie Harrington, who is the wolf lover in two novels.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:
I really do know how to clean a swimming pool. The inspiration for the two stories with wolves
came from my personal experience of raising a pair of wolf hybrids.

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with
your stories?
Hemingway and Tennyson.
 
What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
Review them on Amazon and Goodreads or any review sites. The reviews do help attract further
readers.
 
Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
Write the best book you can, edit it, edit it, and then edit it again. When it’s finally done, don’t
ever give up on it. And don’t discount self-publishing. There are many agents recommending it
now as the best deal out there for writers.
 
Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
Hemingway, because his writing is direct, simple and understandable. I don’t care for esoteric
stories where you need a compass to find the theme.

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?
Maggie Elizabeth Harrington, my first finished and published novel.
 
Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?
We all intake a lot of information in this highly technical world. What I absorb I tend to think
about, and what impacts me becomes a theme. I write a story by first doing a characterization
and then putting them into a conflict, from the character and conflict a story will always develop.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?
Favorite places to travel or visit?
I have two cats and would like one day to visit the holy land.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and
tantalize us: (Include links to where we can find your work)

I pulled her so close to me I thought I heard a rib crack. “Yes, it’s for real, and forever,” I
said, with my arrangement with Rosemary fresh in my mind, but Delilah, no, Sarah, fresh in my
heart. As much as Rosemary was a part of my head, my lifeline to drugs and cash, Sarah was my
lifeline to my spirit and soul.
“I mean it, Jack. This is real for me. It’s the love I’ve always looked for and never felt.
I’ve had relationships, several, but this feeling I get with us, when you touch me, when we kiss,
I’ve never had before. I’ve been married, and it was sexual, and it was good, and I don’t say that
to hurt your feelings, but in spite of how good that part of it was, it wasn’t enough, it didn’t
satisfy. You’re the one that satisfies.”
Talk about the human conscience, the awareness of our actions, the consequences. This
stung like the welting I administered to Rosemary’s derriere. It pinched me: slit me open like a
dull blade, every inch stinging more than the inch before. “I love you Sarah, that’s the truth of
me.”
Sarah nodded and kissed me, a warm moist kiss, with real passion, not a herky jerky
fever fraught with sexual tension, but true passion that penetrates the skin, gets into your fiber;
that you feel to the bones. That night we slept together in a huddle, like lambs, like a pile of
kittens, my bones against her bones, and we rested. 

Links to the book:
http://rebelepublishers.com/the pool boy’s beatitude dj swykert
http://www.amazon.com/the pool boy’s beatitude dj swykert
http://www.magicmasterminds.com/djswykert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)