4/7/15

Review of Like Just a Bit of Banter by Chris Westlake

Like Just a Bit of Banter
 by
Chris Westlake

Hero to zero and then...? Experience the world as seen through the eyes of Nick Evans, a young city-slicker with a trophy-girlfriend on his arm. Fast-forward just a day and he's caught his girlfriend in an uncompromising position with his friend, accidentally sent a rude email to his boss - and he's on his way home to South Wales with his tail firmly between his legs. Unemployed and single, life seems oh-so simple for Nick back in Southerndown, a coastal village where sheep vastly outnumber people. But there are mysteries everywhere. What secrets are taunting best friend Den? What is it Dad does in the shed at the bottom of the garden? Why have Nan and Mum not spoken for as long as Nick can remember? And whatever happened to childhood friend Sam, who mysteriously disappeared just after A-Levels and has not been seen since...? Enjoy the journey as Nick tries desperately tries to unravel the mysteries and piece his life together again, often with darkly hilarious results..

This was a good book.  Didn't really hold by attention like I'd hoped but was worth reading. This is the first book I've read this author.

I rate this book 3 1/2 stars
Jennifer

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)