4/27/15

Mia Mitns Day 1


Interview with Mia Mitns

First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m Mia.  I’m from Texas but I have moved around to a few different places including Georgia
and California.

 Newest release?
 My newest release is Naya’s Invasion.  It is a science fiction romance about an alien who is in
charge of part of the invasion, but she falls in love with a human while trying to get things set up.

What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance, sex, blood and guts?
My stories have sometimes have action.  They have varying degrees of romance sometimes it is
more physical than emotional.  They all are sweet level romances.  One of my stories, Naya’s
Invasion, has some horror in the beginning, which feels a little strange because it is a romance. 
Tea Leaf also focuses some on friendship.  All of the stories have some sort of paranormal
element.  Some have sci-fi.

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and Why?
I love them all, but while I was writing Tea Leaf and Love, Music, Amali I tended to like the bad
boy character.  I liked Jes because he was open about everything.  I liked Zarion because he
seemed more interesting due to his personality.  In Naya’s Invasion, they all were interesting.  I
guess the favorite would have to be Naya because was confident but also let a softer side show.
 
Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:
The “Fallen Invasion” series wasn’t even going to be a series.  I actually wrote Fallen, the first
story in the series, for an entry to a magazine.  I liked the story so much that I decided to keep it
for myself.  Then the idea to make a series popped up.  I wanted the series to be of short stories,
but I couldn’t stop around 30 pages for Naya’s Invasion, so technically it is a collection of
shorter stories.
I got the title “Tea Leaf” from tasseography, which is a fortune telling method where tea leaves
or coffee beans are used to tell the future.

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with your
stories?
I think everything I read in some way inspires and helps me with stories.  Some authors help me
to think about developing the story and how the story unfolds.  I look to others for a way to
improve my writing and make the storytelling more interesting.

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
Basically spread the word.  The readers can tell others they know about the story and why they
liked it.  Online they can write reviews to help potential readers decide to buy it.

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
For authors trying to get published I would say consider what you want.  You can go the
traditional publishing route or do self-publishing.  Each way has its own advantages and
disadvantages.  As far as self-publishing the only thing you have to do to get published is to
write the story, put the components of the book together, and publish it.

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
I have a lot of favorites, but the person who sticks out is Toni Morrison.  I like the way she tells
her stories.  I feel like I know the characters and can relate even when I have never been in a
similar situation.

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?
Yes.  I wrote a poem when I was nine.  The line I remember is “Snakes in a lake.”  It was
memorable because everything rhymed.  My mom also told me that it was really good and
encouraged me to write more.

Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?
Everywhere.  There can be situations I or others went through, news articles I read, a TV
commercial, random thoughts, a regular conversation— anything can be a spark to an idea for
me.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?
I try and play the guitar, write songs, and record.  It is a lot of fun even though I can’t sing.  I
enjoy writing lyrics.  I like to think of lyrics as highly emotional short stories.

Favorite places to travel or visit?
I haven’t traveled for fun, but when I lived in Southern California (close to Los Angeles), I loved
to go to the beaches and go hiking.  Santa Monica Beach with the Ferris wheel that lights up at
night was my favorite, but before I left I started to love Manhattan Beach more. 
Hiking was fun and I got a workout too.  When you get to the top of the hill at Runyon Canyon
Park, the view is incredible.  I love the view at the Griffith Observatory as well.
I almost forgot to mention the scenic drive on Mulholland Dr.  It is pretty scary since you drive
up the mountain and can see all of the way down, but the views of the city are also amazing. 
There are a couple of places you can stop and take pictures at the Hollywood Bowl and
Universal City overlooks. 

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and
tantalize us:( Include links to were we can find your work)
Naya, special agent #29831, held the man gently as she sat in the street.  She used her arm to
cradle his head as he lie across her legs.  Her hands felt his warmth slipping away.  Fixed and
frightened, his eyes looked towards the sun lit sky.  No, she did not hold him wishing for him to
wake up suddenly.  She didn’t rock back and forth, crying over his lifeless body.  She reveled in
the moment.  It made her feel alive.  She felt a great passion.  She was fulfilled.  Well, for the
moment.

Links for Naya’s Invasion
Amazon (digital & paperback): http://goo.gl/GI4duj
Barnes & Noble (paperback): http://goo.gl/Df1zOU
CreateSpace (paperback): https://www.createspace.com/5416139
You can also find all of  my works on my website, http://mmitns.wix.com/mia-
mitns#!books/cnec

If you would like to receive updates including giveaways, sign up for my mailing list:
http://goo.gl/nVQmF3
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)