4/6/15

Beau Coup Publishing Sci-fi Tour







Atlantic Pyramid
by Michelle Lowe

The flight started out as usual for flight instructor, Heath Sharp, and his student, Gavin Cole,
until a sudden storm forces them to crash into the Atlantic Ocean. Heath awakens to find Gavin
dead and his plane stuck in the middle of a historical junkyard. The Bermuda Triangle has
claimed hundreds of ships and planes over the centuries and Heath has accidentally happened
upon them. Set in the center of the junkyard is an island inhabited by nearly every pilot, sailor,
and passenger of those lost transporters, still alive and unchanged. The island is the centerpiece
of one of the world’s greatest mysteries and there is no escape for anyone caught in its web. Yet
Heath refuses to believe this foggy, dark place will become his last destination and searches for
the greatest unfound treasure of all: a way out.

 Excerpt
“Mayday! Mayday!” I yelled into the radio. “This is Cessna 2B-Golf, requesting assistance!
We’ve run into a squall!”
The plane shook violently in the winds. The windshield wipers couldn’t push away the sheets of
rain fast enough. I looked over at the map on the display screen. “Our coordinates are—”
I stopped myself when I noticed our location. The map had to be wrong. “Wait, how did we fly
twenty miles past Nassau?”
Both screens turned to snow as a constant beeping came from the stall warning indicator.
“Shit!” I yelled as static came over the radio. “Steve, are you there? Mayday!” I waited for a
response but got none. “We’ve lost communications!”
“We’re stalling,” Gavin shouted, pointing to a red light. “Oh, my God, we’re gonna crash!”
“Shut up!” I barked. “I’ll get us out of this.”
I gripped the control stick and pulled back, lifting the nose while using full throttle to build
up speed. “What’s wrong with the screens?” he asked. “Oh God, what’s happening with the
instruments?”
I did my best to steady the jerking plane. The entire backup system went haywire. The compass,
speedometer, airspeed indicator, and altimeter spun wildly. All around us, the sky had turned
nearly pitch black, while the rain pounded so hard it was as if we were flying through a waterfall.
I couldn’t understand it. One second, we were flying through crisp open skies with Miami at
our backs, the next, I was fighting to get out of a storm that had literally dropped down on us.
I couldn’t see anything. I didn’t know how high we were or if the plane was even level. All the
instruments either beeped or flashed. Both dials on the altimeter went in different directions and
the compass spun so fast I couldn’t make out the letters.
“Get us outta here, dude!” Gavin shouted, clutching anything he could as another gust pounded
the plane.
I white-knuckled the wheel and stomped on the left pedal, trying to turn the plane and head back
the way we’d come. My body pressed against the door as the aircraft made a sharp change in
direction. It was dangerous going against the wind, like a surfer going against a big wave. The
storm was like a playground bully and the plane a geeky kid taking one pulverizing blow after
another. I couldn’t tell which direction the wind came from. It seemed to come from everywhere
at once, giving me no sense of whether I had done the right thing or not.
I gritted my teeth as the wheel violently shook in my sweat-drenched hands. When the plane
turned, a rush of calm washed over me. If I could overcome the wind and circle around, there
was a chance we might pull out of the storm.
Then the engine died. Darkness shadowed the inside of the cockpit as both screens went blank.
The control panel lights shut off. The buzzing of the propellers went silent when the blades
stopped.
“Jesus!” Gavin cried. “What happened?”
“We just lost power.”


 Bio
I’m the author of The Warning, Atlantic Pyramid, Cherished Thief, Poe’s Haunted House Tour,
and the three part fantasy/adventure children’s series, The Hex Hunt. In 1998, I decided to start
my lifelong journey into the realm of storytelling and I have yet to cease crafting stories since.
Right now I’m busy working on a psychological thriller novella, Storyteller, as well an untitled
steampunk fantasy/adventure. Currently, I live in Irvine, California with husband Ben and
daughters, Mia and Kirsten.


Beau Coup Publishing Sci-fi Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)