7/30/13

Review of Donuts of Doom bt M E Brines

Donuts of Doom
by
M E Brines
 
In a world where pastry is a controlled 
substance and a layer cake is considered a 
weapon of mass destruction, one lone figure 
stands ready,rolling pin in hand, to strike 
a blow for frosting and freedom.
 
Prin is an orphaned dwarf raised by humans. 
He flees a HealthWatchraid on his parent’s 
bakery that leaves his stepfather dead and his
stepmother sentenced to the treadmill.
Accompanied by a disreputable “wizard” with 
dubious powers, a gnome with an anger management 
problem and the village idiot and his loyal
and incontinent dog, Prin begins a whimsical 
journey through a steampunk world of airship pirates, 
steam cannon, traction trains, clockwork horses, 
amorous windup robots, vast herds of porcuswine,
cannibalistic munchkins, dwarf armies, stoned elves, 
people who hate clowns, and a fat man on a bicycle.
 
Through battles, plots and counter-plots, a hint 
of sorcery, andnumerous pastries, can a young baker 
with a shadowy past discover the recipe to overturn 
mad Doctor Travaculus and give people back their
just desserts? Find out in The Donuts of Doom!
 
This is a good read with a story & characters 
that keep you reading until the very end. It's a 
laugh out loud book with an amazingstory.  Well 
worth reading.  It's not my usual type of book but I
enjoyed it alot.  This is the first book I've 
read by this author & I'm interested in reading more.
 
I rate this book 4 stars
 
Jennifer Wadkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)