10/24/14

Scott Bryan Interview Halloween event

 Welcome Scott Bryan!

First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Scott Bryan. I’m the author of the Night Children series. I like walks by the beach
and almost any kind of music.

Newest release?

Night Children: Dark Changes. It’s the 2nd book in the series. It tells the tale of Annabelle 
and Roland’s first big life altering change. Well, that is after being turned into vampire children 
anyway.

What can we expect from your stories, action, drama,
 romance, sex, blood and guts?

Action, drama, comedy (I hope), adventure, paranormal
fantasy, blood. Picture a good PG 13 movie.

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who?
and Why?

Annabelle. She is compassionate, self-sacrificing and determined to make sure no child suffers 
as she has suffered.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:

The series covers the last 300 years of history seen through the
vampire children’s eyes. This means I need to do extensive research for every book.
In the first book, Dark Birth, Annabelle and Roland come across
the Mohegan Indians. I discovered that tribe had a tradition of little spirits that would
help them. So it was a welcome surprise and I incorporated it into the book. I find a lot of
historic gems for the series.

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your
work or helped you out with your stories?

Of course! Rick Riordan, JK Rowling, Darren Shan, JR Tolkien, Richard Adams, Phillip 
Pullman, CS Lewis, Stan Lee, Josh Wheaton, Steven Moffat, Russell T Davis, Roy Thomas, 
Chris Claremont, Garry Conway, Steve Engleheart, Grant Morrison, Geoff Jones, Garry 
Marshall, Ian Watson and Marv Wolfman to name a few.

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?

Post a review on Amazon and Goodreads (even if you got it for free
somewhere else). Vote on it on Wattpad. Share links on Facebook and Twitter. That 
sort of thing.

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying
to get published?

Yes! 1. Don’t quit! 2. No one is perfect. We all write crap. But pick
yourself up and keep at it.
You will only improve if you keep writing. If you’re stuck on a
concept and can’t move forward, take a break with another story but only a set amount 
of time, then go back. Read through your work after the break. Your mind will open up 
greatly to new possibilities.

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that
person’s work?

Rick Riordan. His characters are fun, likeable and relatable.

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote?

A fan fiction story for several DC and Marvel message boards.
It tied together multiple characters across several comics. Badly written but it was fun!

What makes it memorable?

I was able to fit multiple pieces from different characters into a
unified whole. Personalities clashed and lots of action.

Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?

Everywhere. Music, TV, movies, comics, books. Ideas clash
and become something new. Music is a great help though. Characters and scenes have come 
about due to various pieces of music.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you
would like to share?

Comics have been a huge influence in my life. I practically learned
to read from them as a small child. Yes, the art has been amazing most times, but it’s the stories
 that really inspired me. Heck, I even collect figures due to my heroic hobby.
I love animals. Several pets have graced my life. Currently we
have six. Three cats and three dogs. Lots of humor. Like my kids,
each animal has their own personality.

Favorite places to travel or visit?

California! I love the beach. It soothes me. I adore Disneyland.
I enjoy amusement parks but Disney is the king of them all.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book
that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:( Include links to where we can find your work)

This is from NIGHT CHILDREN: DARK CHANGES. 
It’s book two in the series…

The little group of vampires listened for any approaching hunters.
“How do we even know if their coming?” Eric asked.
“They probably got their fill of killing at
Vanessa’s Ball.”
“We can’t be sure of that,” Annabelle replied. Charlotte clung onto
Annabelle’s dress, her body
vibrated with Charlotte’s constant trembling. “Yoska said it was time to
 go and I believe him.”
“Believe him?” Eric replied. He stood next to Mary beside the
staircase. “You don’t even know him.”
“Hey,” Tom interjected. “If Annabelle says she trusts the big guy,
I believe her. Besides, London’s starting to fill up with vampire hunters.”
“Yes,” Molly stood by the curtain with the twins. “I agree. It’s
time we moved on. Something’s wrong. The street’s deserted.
The air feels too still. Salina, Samuel, go stand with Mary. You
shouldn’t be near the window right now.” The twins let out their
 normal protests but they blurred towards Mary.
“What is it?” Annabelle asked. “Do you see anything Molly?”
Molly peered through the heavy curtains, “I thought I saw
movement on the rooftops across the street but--”
The front wall exploded inward, which rained painful debris
on the others. Annabelle and Mary
shielded the younger children while Thomas and Eric pushed
aside the large pieces of debris.
Molly was knocked to the floor and began to stand up when
Hawke stepped through the large
hole and ran something silver through Molly’s chest. Screams
 ripped from every female. Annabelle was barely aware
of her own shriek. Hawke’s fiendish grin stole her thoughts as it
contrasted with Molly’s look of stark pain.
Does Molly make it out “alive”? Do Annabelle, Tom and
 the vampire orphans? You’ll have to catch Dark Changes to find out!

Here’s where you can find them. They are available in
eBook and paperback format.

NIGHT CHILDREN: DARK BIRTH BOOK ONE

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Children-Dark-Birth-Beginnings/dp/1468005022/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_1
And a short story that introduces you to my world,

NIGHT CHILDREN: DARK THREATS

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Children-Threats-Scott-Bryan/dp/1466278935/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_1

NIGHT CHILDREN: DARK CHANGES will be on
Amazon October 4th. Look for it by name.

My blog:

http://night-children.blogspot.com/

Facebook Author page:

https://www.facebook.com/scottbryan1692

You can preview my work on Wattpad:

http://www.wattpad.com/user/ScottBryan6

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/scott_bryan1692
Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5090892.Scott_Bryan

3 comments:

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)