6/27/15

Review of Lost in Temptation by Lauren Royal

Lost in Temptation
By Lauren Royal
 
I’m a huge PBS Masterpiece Theatre fan, so I must admit that I’m becoming quite an enthusiast of historical romances.  There are many good and numerous bad books in this genre – this happens to be a good one. 

Lady Alexandra Chase, who lives with her older brother and two younger sisters, has always had a crush on her older brother’s friend, Tristan.  When Tristan moved to Jamaica, he sent her a cameo.  She’s treasured it ever since but has no hope of ever seeing Tristan again.  However, on the cusp of accepting a marriage proposal from the dreary, faded Lord Shelton, Tristan reappears, now a Marquess.  Despite the severe attraction between the two of them, Alexandra cannot marry Tristan.  He is suspected of murdering his uncle to inherit his estate and title, and no one in decent society will welcome him.
Alexandra is determined to clear Tristan’s name so that he can be accepted by English society again.  Will she be successful?  

The little details in this novel made it so enjoyable, e.g., the fact that the entire Chase family has a notorious sweet tooth.  Each chapter begins with a recipe from Alexandra’s old family recipe collection.  I found myself scurrying to the kitchen cupboards multiple times while reading this book; the descriptions of the cookies, cakes, etc. made me crave a snack with every reading session. 

Siobhan
Five stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)