9/24/14

REVIEW . . . . Lost Innocence by Simon Palmer

Michael Walker is a talented artist, when he lands a scholarship to a very prestige art college in London, he decides to make a trip to Thailand. Once in Bangkok he rents a studio and does what he came to do, sketch. Michael doesn't sketch just anything but something he always wanted to do, sketch "working girls" that work in the hostess bars. He soon gets into his own routine and soon finds he living his dream. . . . he thinks. . . .

Michael soon finds himself tangled into a mess of deceit that lands him in the Thailand prison. This is one place no one wants to find himself, ex-specially a foreigner to the country.  He soon learns he is in the middle of a scam, Michael is determined to claim his innocence. Michael befriends John who is a lifer in this depressing place, he helps Michael along the way. Others that claim to help will only be enemies. Michael's father, Stan and grandfather, Nigel are both lawyers and do all they can to get Micheal out of prison.

What a wonderful, fast paced read ! ! ! I could not get Michael out of my mind and hated having to put this one down. Michael is a strong character, he never gave up and fought for what he believe. Nigel does not disappoint either, I feel in love with Nigel, he was strong and very smart! He was willing to do what ever it took to make sure Michael was taken care of. Michael's father Stan, was a different story, although he tried to help he seemed to screw things up ! I felt for Michael being a country that is not his own, not really knowing his rights and dealing with a corrupt judicial system.    Michael never gave up ! ! I look forward to book 2 ! ! !  

5 brave stars
Wende

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)