9/2/14

Elizabeth Burgess and Marie Hewes

Character Interview: The Two Mrs. Douglases – Arianne and Millie

First off, both of you have been married to Dr. Andrew Douglas? What’s he like? Arianne, we’ll start with you since you’re presently married to him.
“Thank you. Andrew is a very busy man. He’s Chief of Surgery at one of the largest hospitals in the south and a good provider for our family.”
Millie?
“He’s a man-whore.”
Arianne eyes widen. “I’m not even going to glorify that with a response.”
“You don’t have to.” Millie chuckles. “The truth is the truth.”
Next question…who is your arch nemesis?
Arianne shrugs her shoulders. “My husband’s ex-wife has never cared for me. I don’t know why? I’ve always been cordial and polite…”
“Again Ari, you struggle with the truth,” Millie interrupts. “I hate this raven-headed whore and she hates me. No sense in sugar-coating anything, right?”
Absolutely not. So Millie, who was your first love?
“Andrew. We were teenagers when we met and started dating.”
Arianne?
“No comment.”
“No comment?” Millie repeats. “Hmm, that’s interesting…”
Tell us about your children.
“I have four beautiful children,” Arianne says, glowing.
“Three, Ari. You have three children. Sydney is your stepdaughter. She’s my daughter.”
“My four children are Nash. He’s a first year resident at River City Medical Center. Reece just started his first year in med school at Rivers University, Pike is thirteen and a 7th grader, and Sydney works as a nurse practitioner. She’s beautiful and bright despite the fact that her parents—namely her mother­—are narcissistic fools.”
“You’re not getting me riled up, Arianne,” Millie says, certainty in her voice. “I refuse.”
You share a daughter with Andrew, Millie. Any more children?
“Yes, a son. Finn lives in California with his dads.”
Any favorite hobbies?
Arianne nods graciously. “When I was younger, I enjoyed painting. Now, most of my free time is spent with our children or working on the Hope Foundation.”
Millie?
“No hobbies. I simply haven’t the time.”
What is your weapon of choice?
“Oh, I could never hurt anyone,” Arianne whispers. “I just don’t have it in me.”
“Gun,” Millie says with a smile. “I shoot to kill too.”
“Millie forgot to say sex. She uses sex as a weapon any chance she can get.”
Arianne, what do you do when you’re upset with someone?
“Talk with my best friend, Lesley. Try to focus on good things.”
And Millie?
“Plot revenge.” She nods in Arianne’s direction.
What’s important to you in a relationship, Millie?
“Good in bed. No emotional attachment. Someone who’s not afraid to explore.”
Arianne, how do you feel about that?
Arianne brings her hand to her mouth, her face red with embarrassment. “I can’t imagine not having an emotional connection with the person I’m with—”
“Then you haven’t had good sex, dear,” Millie cuts in. “But then again, Andrew has been your only lover.”
“How do you know that?”
“Hasn’t he?”
Arianne turns her head. “That’s none of your business, Millicent.”
“Well, well….”
Ladies…next question. Tell me about your best friend.
“Lesley? She’s amazing.” Arianne smiles. “She’s got twin girls and is a wonderful wife and mother. I have a tendency to be dramatic, and Lesley grounds me. She’s the one I call when my world is falling apart.”
Who’s your best friend, Millie?
There are three people I trust with my life. The first is Jamie...he and his wife adopted me at sixteen when my mother passed away. The second is Trent. We’ve been close since college. He and his partner, Tristan, are Finn’s fathers. And the third…” Millie gestured to Arianne. “Ari’s eldest son, Nash.”
“All men. Shocking,” Arianne says under her breath.
“If there’s something you want to say, you can say it out loud, Ari.”
Ladies, please. So Millie, Arianne’s son is a dear friend of yours?
“Yes. My dearest friend.”
Arianne, how do you feel about that?
Silence.
Arianne?
“No comment.”
“What, Ari? You must have something to say?” A smirk lines Millie’s lips as Arianne quickly stands and rushes out of the room. “What’s the matter, Ari?” she calls out. “Leaving so soon?”
The Waiting - Book One
© The Waiting Series by Elizabeth Burgess and Marie Hewes


AMAZON BOOK LINK TO THE WAITING:

Twitter: @liddyburgess

3 comments:

  1. I have not read this/these authors but look forward to checking out this book. I sounds like it will be funny and witty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read this author yet; sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliment! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
    Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)