12/1/12

Review of My Twisted Drink: A Vampire Romance by JoAnn Mayer

My Twisted Drink: A Vampire Romance

In a society where Vampires exist alongside humans without fear, Charlotte is a human who has become renowned for her skill as an exceptional “drink.” She works in a club, along side her best friend Charisse, pleasing her customers, vampires from all walks of life. When Charisse drags Charlotte to a local mansion for an interview to be a "personal drink" to a local vampire, Charlotte gets the job, much to her own chagrin. Charlotte then moves into Alexander's mansion and meets Nathan, his servant, who is obviously more than he appears to be at first glance. But what is he? Both Alexander, her new vampire boss, and Nathan are hiding things from her. Nathan’s abilities are definitely not human and Alexander’s old-fashioned ways keep Charlotte on her toes. Charlotte meets more vampires and other people who exist in this twilight world. Intrigue, love, power plays, suspense, fear and seduction; all of these play out in various scenarios during Charlotte's "relationship" with her new guardian and his servant...but where will it lead to in the end? Only time will tell.


I give “My Twisted Drink” 3 out of 5 stars. If the writing and editing had been better, it would have gotten much higher marks. The story is engaging and enjoyable. I like the world that Ms. Mayer has created. It is very interesting and mysterious. She reveals a little at a time. There are many creatures in it besides vampires and normal humans. However, the book could use some heavy editing. For example, the author has one character’s dialogue mixed in the same paragraph with another character’s thoughts or actions. It can get very confusing at times. Overall, if you can excuse the confusing dialogue, the book is a very fun read and I recommend it.

3 out of 5 Stars 

-Kristin Frasier

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, Kristin! I am so pleased to see the gloves off and the weaknesses exposed. Reviewers do the readers a service by alerting us to the flaws as well as the shine. I reviewed a book that sported a mindbending plot with wooden characters. I told my readers to imagine 3D characters in the same plot, and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)