2/13/16

Kasey Belle Day 1


First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

I am southern girl from Mississippi. I am forty-four, a wife and mother of two grown children.
I married my high school sweetheart at eighteen and we are still happily married.  My
professional background is in insurance and office management.  I don’t have a college degree.
My children are my greatest joy and the adults they have become are my greatest accomplishment. Fun fact:  I have double jointed thumbs.

Newest release?

 Prideless: A Copper Creek Pack Prequel released December 21, 2015
The next book in the series Healing Cathy (Paul & Cathy’s story) will be out this spring.

What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance,  sex, blood and guts?

I write romance so romance, or course, sex, (in my opinion, you can’t tell a great love story
without sex, because lovers have sex), monogamy, drama with plenty of tears, violence, and humor.

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and why?

I have two actually.  The first is Fiona, my heroine from Their Cajun Queen.
She’s a fighter.  She has faced some truly horrible situations in her life, yet she remains strong, loving, and kind.  She refuses to give up or give in, to her, letting ‘them’ win is the ultimate failure. She refuses to let the circumstances of her life tear her down or define who she is in a negative way.

The second is Emma Grace, Fiona’s three-year-old daughter. She was by far the easiest character to create and the most fun.  I always had a smile on my face when writing her dialogue, because she is just too freaking adorable.  E.G. is the light in the darkest situations.  She is pure unconditional love,
innocence, and joy.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:

My inspirations for Declan - Joe Manganiello and Cade - Roman Reigns.  Emma Grace’s kitten, Princess Fiona Fuzzybuttness, is based on my daughter’s cat, Cosmo.  In future Copper Creek books any antics performed by Princess, will have already been perfected by Cosmo.  I wrote “A Letter
to Fee” (the prologue) a year before Their Cajun Queen was even blip on the radar.  That letter popped into my head one day and I had to write it down, but I was never sure what to do
with it after that.  Then one day Fiona popped into my head and said “pick me, pick me.”

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with your stories? 

Every author I read lends inspiration and it doesn’t always come from their writing style,
sometimes it comes from their own personal story.


What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful? 

The best thing a reader can do for any author is to leave a review.  They really help indie authors, such as myself, because we don’t have publishers with big advertising budgets behind us.  Reviews don’t have to be long.  They can be just a line or two.  “Woot woot! I loved this book”, works just fine.

 Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?

Don’t rush the process that’s when you make mistakes.  I rushed the publishing process on my first
book and accidentally uploaded an unedited manuscript.  I didn’t find out until two readers posted reviews about the format issue.  I have a great appreciation for both those readers, without them I never would have realized my mistake, at least not until it was too late.  Luckily the book had only been on the market a few weeks.
Beta readers are very important.  As an author you aren’t going to catch half the mistakes, because you know what words should be there and for some reason our brains add them as if they were there, when they are not.  Extra eyes on your manuscript are a must.
Read, read, read.  I believe in order to be a good writer you have to read.  You can learn a lot by studying how others work their craft.

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work? 

I have several favorite authors, ones that I will not miss out on a new release and read their books over and over.  Heather Rainier, Tymber Dalton, Jayne Rylon, Cara Covington, Brynn Paulin, Abbie Zanders and Stormy Glenn are among those favorites.  Their stories lift me up, make me
smile, cry, and laugh.  I am a big fan of the sexy alpha woobie and the stories those ladies write are full of them.  As authors they create endearing true life characters who exhibit real raw emotion, overcome obstacles, create well developed secondary characters, and perfect backdrops for their stories.  I mean who doesn’t want to live in Divine, Lusty, or Cade Creek.

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?

I don’t know if any of the reader’s will remember “The Littles”.  They were these tiny dolls in the
early 80’s.  I had all the Littles, the doll house, and all the furniture.  I wrote a story about my Littles family.  I’m not sure why it has stuck with me all these years.  I can only guess it’s because they were real to me as child.  I’d play with them for hours.  I really wanted them to come to life and act out my story, instead of pretending and making them act it out.  I’ve always had a vivid imagination.

Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?

First and foremost, the voices in my head that constantly talk to me.  Seriously, characters often pop into my head out of the blue.  I may be a bit mental.
My friends, their personalities, little adventures, and life stories.  Some people I know could have a twenty book series based on their drama alone.
When I read a book that makes me angry I am definitely inspired to write the complete opposite.  There are still a lot of,  “Oh I need the hero to save me” or “I’m so weak and helpless, poor me.”  I hate that.  Women are strong creatures.  I don’t mean physically, I mean at our core, although some of us haven’t discovered that truth yet.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?

I am an avid reader, bordering on addiction.  I am a total geek when it comes to Photoshop.  I
crochet and craft.  I love to play cards, but I am also extremely competitive.  When my hubby and I play gin or rummy it can get pretty ugly.  Stupid pet trick:  Cosmo says “yeah” when you ask her if she wants to go outside.  It might be a meow, but it sounds like yeah.

Favorite places to travel or visit?

One of my favorite places in New Orleans.  I grew up not far from there and I absolutely
love NOLA.  There is nowhere like it, the culture, the food, the people, you can’t match it.  NOLA is a very inspiring and sexy city.  Their Cajun Queen and Prideless both start out in New
Orleans and my Twisted Kings MC series will be based there.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:( Include links to where we can find your work)

Cade left the room and went in search of his brother to have a nice long chat.  Cade found him in their office sitting at his desk, angrily shuffling through some paperwork.  Cade
slammed the door shut behind him.
“What the hell is wrong with you?  You can’t talk to her like that Declan.”
“Don’t tell me how to talk to our mate.”  Declan growl.
“Our mate?  You think she is our mate?’  Cade scoffed.
“Did you feel that little sharp pain in your chest a few minutes ago?  I know you did, because I did.  Do you feel the connection to her weakening?  I know you do, because I do.
And do you know why that is Declan, it’s because she said she didn’t want to be mated.”
 Declan made a move to jump up from his chair.
“Don’t.  You will sit there and you will listen to me.  You can’t order her around.  If you want her to do something, then you need to discuss it with her.  You can’t tell her not to take care of Emma Grace.  She is her mother for fucks sake.  Her mother.  She’s also a nurse. Do you honestly think she would do something to put her health at risk?  No, don’t answer just listen.  Did you even think about why it is so important to her to be the one who does everything for Emma Grace?  She was left to take care of an infant on her own, yes, but she is also an orphan, Declan.  It’s not about cooking, parties, or a cake.  She is doing for Emma Grace what no one ever did for her.  You need to learn to compromise and stop being such an arrogant asshole.  If you can’t, then deny the mating and leave her to me.  I love you, you are my brother, my best friend, but she is my mate.  I love her.  I will not lose her.  You can talk now.”
“Where is she now?”  Declan’s voice shook with emotion.
“Upstairs getting dressed.  I told her to come down to breakfast when she was ready and we would talk.  Not order around or yell, but talk.”
Declan leaned his head back in his chair and sighed.
When he looked at Cade, his eyes held so much pain Cade had to look away.
“I keep seeing her fighting for her life.”  Declan revealed.  “I picture her fighting him and killing him.  I wasn’t there, but my mind has conjured up these images and I can’t let them go.  I see that car hit her.  I see her bleeding and dying.  I see her lying in that bed with all those tubes and wires and
bruises.  I just want her to heal.  I don’t want her to end up there again.  I want to protect her.  It kills me that we weren’t there to protect her.”
“Tell her that.  She’s not unreasonable, Declan.  Look, it’s not as if she’s going to be outside pitching tents.  She’s going to be in the kitchen with Amelia and you know Maddie will also be working around the house.  If something happens or if she starts to feel ill, we will be the first to know.”
“I love her, too you know.  She is my heart.”
“Then show her, stop telling her what to do, and yelling at her.  I do not want to spend the rest of my life as referee between the two of you, make up sex aside.”
Declan barked a laugh, came from around his desk and walked towards the door.  “I will make a conscious effort to not bark orders at her, but when she challenges me.”  He shook his head
“I know.”  Cade put his hand on Declan’s forearm.  He knew Declan’s wolf wanted to bend her to his will and that he would feel the need to exert his dominance over her.  “I also think a lot of that, like her challenging us, will change once we are mated.  She doesn’t recognize our wolves, because she
can’t feel them.  It’s different because she is human.  You know that.  I never thought I would say this, but you have to be patient Declan.”
“That must have hurt.”
“You have no idea.”
“Wow, the padawan becomes the jedi.”
“God no.  Don’t even talk like that, you are still and always will be Obi-wan.  I bow to your greatness.”
He was ready when Declan took a swipe at him and ducked out of the way.
“Learn you will patient you must be.  Cade joked, earning him a shove from his brother.

My books are available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. Buy
links and excerpts are available on my website
www.kaseybelle.com
Or you can go direct to Amazon http://amzn.com/B013Q8U49O
http://amzn.com/B019U8NQL2 (lendable version)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)