1/31/15

Amanda Marie Day 5



Encore

     When I wrote Scandalous Endeavors I had no intention of writing anymore books in Amelia’s world. I even told my family and friends that I was moving on to a new idea. In fact I went as far as outlining Once A Lady and then began writing it! Scandalous Endeavors released on December 12, 2014 before I completed chapter One on Once A Lady. Within a week it became clear that people wanted another book. Several readers and reviewers have asked for Lady Sarah’s story. I aim to be a crowd please so I started working on Scandalous Arrangement almost right away. I plan to have Lady Sarah’s story ready for my publisher by spring. Here is an excerpt from my rough draft. 

     She glanced at Lord Shillington then accepted Lord Luvington’s arm. Her face warmed as she imagined everyone in the ballroom staring at them. He led her to the middle of the dance floor then gathered her into his arms as the quartet resumed their playing.

“Relax, my lady, ‘tis only a dance.”

Mortified, she tipped her chin. “I am relaxed.” How had he known that she fretted? Sarah took a deep breath and let it out slow as she gazed around at her peers.

     “If this is you being relaxed then I pity those exposed to you when you are not.” He smirked. “On my honor, this is only a dance.”

     “I do not believe that you have any honor and am not fool enough to believe this to be an innocent dance. You want something from me.” She peered up at him.

He grinned. “Perhaps I do.”

“You are wasting your time sir.”

“Unless, of course, this is simply a dance.”

“You just stated that you wanted something from me.” Sarah balled her hand in the fabric of her skirt. If she were less of a lady, she would smack him for toying with her.

“No, I said perhaps I wanted something. That means I could very well want nothing.” He arched one dark, brow and a chestnut lock of hair flopped onto his forehead.

Bloody hell the man was attractive. Sarah stared into his shamrock eyes. “Enough with the games. Tell me what you want with me, Lord Luvington.”

“Tonight?”

“Yes, tonight.” Sarah bit out through clenched teeth.

“Tonight I want to hold you.” He grinned.

Sarah blushed at the implication and turned her head to look out into the crowd. She had enough of talking to him. Clearly he did not plan to tell her anything of importance.

He pulled her closer and leaned in close. “Tomorrow I want to get to know you better.” He whispered. Her breath caught and she fought the urge to slap him. The waltz ended and he released her. Before she could form a thought, he walked off and left her standing there alone.
    
I hope you enjoyed reading the excerpt as much as I am enjoying writing Scandalous Arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)