6/13/12

Peter Blush

Boreal Dreams

OK I will say 1st this in not normally the type of book I read.  Saying that, it kept me interested right to the end.

This is a contemporary murder mystery. The book starts off with a conspiracy. A company genetically engineering corn. It cross breeds with the corn, which is being grown for a 3rd world country. They find that the contaminated corn carries in it,a gene that will cause infertility and possible other side effects.  Instead of getting rid of it, the sale goes through. So there is a huge cover up. The company is buying up land in the surrounding areas. One farm will not sell, the wife of the farmer disappears, there is a suicide of another worker at the company.  All of this is going on and the sheriff is trying to figure out what is actually going on. The sheriff and his wife are on the outs. He doesn't know his wife is having an affair with a upper boss of the company he is investigating. While all this is going on. There are 3 people running out in the wilderness in the hopes to bring information about the company to certain people. There are also wolves/wild dogs attacking hikers & people in the woods and also a mysterious Indian. There is a series of people over the past several years who have been found with arrows in them dead in the woods.

 You basically are learning about this town and its occupants, while a huge conspiracy and investigation is going on. The book was very well done, with tons of characters. Probably my only complaint. I felt like I almost had to take notes to keep certain characters straight.  Saying that, the fight scenes were awesome. The story was complex but intriguing. I would highly recommend this author and/or this book to people who want a story that makes them think and likes stories with in stories. This one will make you think right up to the end when you figure out how things are connected. I could almost see this book as a sitcom. The typical story with in a story and you don't know for sure what is going on till the end.  If you are looking for an easy read, this is not it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)