4/4/12

Rachel Caine

The Morganville Vampires

Claire is a very smart normal young adult about 16 yrs old. She just graduated early from high school and is looking forward to college. Her parents are worried she is too you for that type of environment. So instead of Harvard or another one of the Ivy schools, that she could have gone too. Her parents send her to the local small college in the heart of Texas. Claire agrees to go until she can go to a bigger school but she doesn't realize that the small town has a lot to hide. As Clair trys to get acclimated to the new school, the local bullies start on her to the point of endangering her life. She starts to notice that the small town has a secret, it is being run by vampires and she has more to worry about than the local bullies! These series are very exciting and actually a little scary. The vampires are, at least most, are the scary type. Don't expect any of them to glitter. The 1st book The Glass House, starts Clair learning about the town and finding her place in the Glass House. She meets a few friends along the way. This series has a little sexual tension but as of as far I have gotten no actually sex. There is violence, so I recommend 16 and up. I still consider this a YA series.

This author does have a couple other series out there. I have not read any of her other works but looking up the author, her other works are rated 18 yr and up. Ms Caine has a knack for suspense and the books are entertaining for adults of all ages from young to older.

2 comments:

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)