3/22/16

Lara Nance Day 2



Lara Nance  - Bio

      I grew up in the south, where iced tea is always sweet and BBQ is a religion. I went from
reading every horse story in the world, to Jane Austen, Georgette Heyer, and then on to mysteries
and sci-fi/fantasy.
   
     About 1986, I wrote my first novel (Star Trek fan fiction.) Not having a computer back in those
days, I wrote the whole thing in a notebook with a pencil. When it was complete, I knew I was
hooked, because I'd never stuck with any of my artistic hobbies as long as I did writing that book.

      So, I wrote another story (fantasy this time), and next, a thriller. Then I went through, well,
LIFE, that included three marriages, eight geographic moves, and changing careers from being a
marketing manager to a nurse practitioner, which required going back to college to get a masters
in nursing.

      Finally, in 2008, my writing mojo returned and I decided to pursue publishing. After many
long hours of learning and giving up all pretense of outside fun, I moved into the ranks of
published authors.

      My first published novel, Memories of Murder, won several awards in 2012 and continues to
receive wonderful reviews (I LOVE that story!!) The first book in my Draculaville series won the
Rudy Award for best novel with romantic elements in 2013. I am blessed.

      I've now published more than a dozen books and short stories and am thrilled to be able to
share my love of adventure, sci-fi/fantasy, romance and mystery with my wonderful readers. Yes,
I write in different genres, but the basis of all my tales is my attempt to entertain you.

      Until the wind changes, I'm living on my sailboat in Florida with my husband, Joe, and our
two Yorkies, Belle and Bruno.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)