3/8/16

Aimee Martin Day 2

Welcome back for Part 2 of our interview with Aimee Martin.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?
My hobbies are coffee and wine… do those count?
I also love to cook and make up my own recipes. Which is both a blessing and a curse because if I fix something my family loves, they ask me to fix it again. And I can't always remember what I put into my meals. Whoops!

Favorite places to travel or visit?
With three kids who are involved in sports, junior rodeos, church activities, etc., most of our traveling revolves around where we go for them. But I'm holding out on the hope that one day, when they’re all grown and gone, my husband and I will be able to go to all the places I’ve dreamed of visiting. Top of the list for me is Scotland and Italy. With Bora Bora and New York as close seconds.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:( Include links to were we can find your work)
I'd love to leave a little something for your teasing pleasure… in fact, I’ll leave THREE somethings! One for each of the books in the Lake Shores Series.

First up is Forever Treasured, my newest release



Ally tried to hold it in. Really she did. But the look of shock and dread that was on Aaron's face when she walked around her father and saw him had been so evident–and so unmitigated–that she couldn't help it. She laughed. And laughed. And laughed until she thought her lungs would explode and her heart would burst out of her chest.

She never heard his footsteps on the concrete floor. But when his shoes came into her line of sight where she was hunched over, she stood up quickly. And banged her elbow on the counter to her right. "Ow," she exclaimed, rubbed the spot that now throbbed.

"Awe… did you hit your funny bone?"

"It's not funny."

"Yeah, well, neither was laughing at my expense. You could have warned me about your dad."

"Warned you? Number one, when have I had the time? You haven't been here very long, remember? And number two, what, exactly, did you want a warning about?"

"I don't know. Maybe the fact that he's part bear himself? Jeez, no wonder you all are known to have so many bears in this part of the country. Look at what you're housing as humans?"

"Hey! My daddy may resemble a bear. But inside he's just a big teddy bear."

"Yeah. Tell that to my aching hand that he just about squeezed off when he shook it."

Ally snorted, chuckled some more and said, "Sorry. He's just territorial, I guess."

"Like a bear."

"Gah, what is it with you Texans obsessing over bears? First Mel, now you. It's like you think that's all us Montanans deal with. There's more to us than just bears, you know."

"Wait, what? What about Mel?" Aaron asked, confusion written all over his face.

"Never mind," Ally mumbled. She walked over to the fridge, pulled out a bag of frozen peas and held it to her sore elbow. She turned back to Aaron, tried to figure out why he brought out the worst in her. No matter how good her intentions, one wrong look or word from him and her manners and good sense seemed to go by the wayside and she wouldn't listen to reason. Like Lot's wife. Ally decided then to stop sinking to his level. She walked back to him, held out her hand (albeit at an awkward angle since she had the makeshift icepack on it) and said, "Truce."

And then he smiled. Oh, that smile is gonna get me in trouble.

"Truce," he agreed and reached out, clasped his fingers around Ally's and squeezed.

The jolt that emanated from where their skin touched surprised her. It felt warm and fuzzy and addicting all at once, like she had been zapped with an electric wand. And liked it. Why had she never noticed that feeling before? Then she realized this was the first time they had ever actually touched. She jerked her hand out of his grasp with a small gasp, noticed the look on his face matched hers.

His mouth was open a little, like he struggled to get in enough oxygen. His breathing was faster than normal. And his eyes, a deep blue that could rival any Caribbean sea, stared right through hers. She felt that stare in her soul, didn't welcome the way it made her feel like she had been flayed open like a fish. She looked down to break the spell. His fingers tipped her chin up and she jerked back, tried to block out the warmth that wanted to spread from there, as well.

"You felt it, too," he whispered into the quiet room. "What was that?" There was a gruff awe in his voice. Ally had never heard anything so honest and sensual at the same time.

Instead of answering, Ally presented a question of her own. One that had plagued her since she first met up with him in the middle of the road. One that she swore she would keep to herself when he hadn't been forthcoming, but found that she desperately needed the answer to. She kept her gaze on his face, looked for signs of any untruth as she asked, "Why did you come here, Aaron?"

He brought his hand back up to her face, cradled her cheek gently. Ally jumped but didn't jerk out of his hold. She stared at his face while he stared at his hand on her skin. She watched the pulse beat in his throat, fast and hard. She watched as he took a deep breath, licked his lips. And then his other hand moved, cupped her other cheek so that his hands caged her face and Ally was forced to look directly into his eyes.

"I came to find you, Allyson."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)