11/25/13

Review of The Road Home by Charlotte Buelow

The Road Home
by  Charlotte Buelow



In the heart of Scotland lays the little Village of Killin.   This is where Mary and William have grown up and fallen in love.  But their father's just don't get along since William's father was named the tacksman.  Now William must decide if he will follow in his fathers footsteps and be the hated rent collecting tacksman or do something he loves with his life.  The only problem with his plan is he would have to leave Mary for 2 years to learn his trade.  Mary hated the thought 
of him leaving but understands his need to change his life's path.  When a terrible accident happens it changes the life of these young sweethearts.  How William handles these changes could very well change things in the most dramatic way.


Review:   Ok, I expected this book to be your run of the mill, same old romance.  Good just similar.  I was wrong.  The author changed things up on me fairly early in the book.  This story made me smile, made me sad, made me cringe and even made me want to choke a character or two at times.  It has many twists and turns that kept me interested in where the author would lead me next.  I really enjoyed this book, even if I wanted to jump through my Kindle and smack William in the head a couple times.   Kuddo's to Charlotte Buelow for giving me an original story with love, drama, heartbreak, angst and healing.   


theresa f

4 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)