3/30/15

Review of Review of INITIATED TO KILL By Sharlene Almond

Review of INITIATED TO KILL
By Sharlene Almond:

Two men from two different generations, both initiated into a powerful organization
that throughout history has sought control and uses their power for destruction.
They leave behind a wake of the murder, manipulation, and ancient secrets.
The first man wreaks havoc in and around the Whitechapel district of London,
England in the 19th century. While the other stalks his victims in the cosmopolitan
city of Seville, Spain in the 21st century; knowing that only he could uncover the
true motives of one of the world’s most infamous serial killers—Jack the Ripper.

Initiated to Kill was a thrill of a read, a bit long for my taste but engaging none the
less. I think it was told from different perspectives, but the narrative point of view
kept changing so I wasn’t sure who spoke and whether those were the author's
views or what. The strong points of the book came from the author’s ability to
display descriptions beautifully and her strength lies in world-building.
occasional language/continuity flubs that a good editor would have caught, but they
didn't stop me from enjoying the core of the story. I would read this author’s work again.

3 Stars:

Antwan Floyd Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)