9/10/15

Review of Asylum Harbor by Isla Grey

ASYLUM HARBOR
by Isla Grey

5 Stars

The sleepy town of Shell Island is just what Devon Brown needs to try and escape a painful family situation that escalated out of control.  She arrives to take a new job as a bartender, but finds much more than she ever bargained for.  Devon meets her fellow co- workers, and new boss, only to quickly realize  they're a unique group when you throw in the locals as well as other friends they entertain.

Kerr is the harbormaster who spends time at the Salty Dog bar where Devon now works.Their attraction to one another is explosive with lots of angst and denial thrown in.  Kerr is the dark, brooding type that Devon knows she needs to avoid at all cost, but she's drawn in anyway.  Now she just needs to figure out a way to handle whatever this is between them without getting her heart broken in the meantime. Throw in an insanely jealous waitress, her bootlegging boss, as well as Kerr's brother into the mix, and it just adds to the drama and mystery of this great read.

And a great read it was from Isla Grey in this first book of her Salty Dog Series. The characters sucked me in from the first few pages of chapter one, and I couldn't wait to see what they were up to next! As an avid reader, author, and reviewer it was beyond exciting for me to have the privilege of reading this book before it's September 16th release date.  When I read the last page my thoughts were, "no, don't be over yet!" and then "I want more of this story!"  Luckily for me, and everyone else who reads Asylum Harbor, we'll get our next fix when the series continues.  The tag line Ms. Grey uses... "Still waters run deep..." is an apt description for the intertwining lives and personalities of this story's characters.

I would definitely recommend this book be a purchase for your e-reader of choice on the release date coming soon.
 
KD

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read Asylum Harbor and for the wonderful review. There's still some things yet to come for the people of Shell Island!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)