4/15/14

Review of Wind Raven Book 3 - Agents of the Crown by Regan Walker

Wind Raven 
Book 3 - Agents of the Crown 
by Regan Walker


Tara has been raised right along side her brother by their father, often on one of his ships, so the fact that she loves the sea as much as they do is no surprise to any of them.  But her father still wants her to be a lady and marry well so he sends her to his sister in London so she can experience a season.  But all Tara can think about is how soon she can get back out on the sea with her family.  So when she receives a letter telling her that her father has fallen ill back in America she is all to happy to head back home on the first ship available.
Captain Jean Nicholas Powell, Nick to his friends, does not like the idea of the mission that prinny has put on him to do while on his journey to America to pick up his new schooner.  He is even less pleased when he discovers that he will have a passenger, a female passenger no less, to carry back to America to her family.  But he finds that he is intrigued by this woman and her non lady like behavior on his ship.  She seems to know her way around as ship as well if not better than some of his men.  Can he keep his fascination with the woman in check until they reach America or will his iron will fail him where this intriguing woman is concerned.  



Review:    I enjoy historical romances but was a little concerned about how I would feel about a setting at sea.  I should not have worried, the author gave me a great story that had all the elements necessary to keep me entertained throughout the book.  I enjoyed reading about these 2 main characters and their journey thru the sea to America.  Thnak you to the author for giving me a book that wasn't just a typical romance.

5 of 5 stars   

theresa f

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)