3/24/14

Review of A Home for Jesse by Iyana Jenna


A Home for Jesse by Iyana Jenna

Jesse leaves his home fed up of being second best. He moves to Hollywood with dreams of making it big but with one failed relationship behind him he is about to be evicted from his home. Why is the star of his show suddenly talking to him and are his offers of help genuine?

This book is hard to rate, one one hand I did quite enjoy it but on the other there were quite a lot of facts left out and I had to make assumptions. Lets start with Trey the star of the show. He finds himself fantasizing about Jesse rather than a girl but despite the fact he doesn't want to tell his best friend he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Is he gay? Bi? As a Hollywood star does he not have to hide that? Then there is his best friend Brent. Brent seems hell bent on getting between Trey and Jesse but is it because he doesn't want he best friend outed as being gay, because he thinks Jesse is going to get in the way of their friendship or because he wants Trey for himself?

Jesse himself seems very sweet, I like his character and love the way he takes nothing, including money for granted, although again he seems to have no issues being gay, whilst this IS good, it is very unusual in a Hollywood setting when you are trying out for major roles.

Finally this book does not contain any actual descriptions of sex. Now this not necessary I am totally fine with that being left to the imagination, the problem is that towards the end of the book I do start to wonder if they have had any at all. Again when you don't know if this is Trey's first relationship with a man you would have thought there would have been a big build up, or at least some kind of afterthoughts.

I think I would have to rate this at 3 1/2 stars

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)