7/31/16

Sue Lloyd Day 5




Chapter 2 excerpt – I don’t want to go too far into the book because it may give the story away!

Chapter 2
Mallory jumped so hard onto her sister’s bed that Mystic took a tumble onto the floor. She quickly retrieved the somewhat impassive unicorn and gave it back to Cassie.
“How are you, sis?”
She planted a big wet kiss on Cassie’s nose and threw her arms around her neck. She was happy to see her little sister but the over-enthusiastic hug did nothing to quell the sea of nausea, nor the headache, which niggled away at her brain. Mallory’s lips looked shiny. Cassie quizzed her
“Mallory, do you have my angel lip gloss on?”
At nine years old, Mallory was used to taking fashion tips from her big sister and lip gloss was one of her new discoveries. It was far safer than the mascara that she poked her eye with and the gloss tasted like cherries. She looked down, guiltily licking her lips to remove the evidence. Cassie smiled as she added,
“It’s OK, sis. You can keep that one. I saw another on TV earlier. I think it’s a Little Mix one. Mom, can I buy it when I’m out of here please?”

                      
A post by me:

Sue Lloyd is officially addicted to writing!

Having relocated from the UK to Germany during the summer of 2015, I started working on a novel that I began to write over fifteen years ago.

I’m an unashamed people watcher and have a fascination with psychology. My passion for both enables me to add meat and bones to the characters who are smart enough to escape the confines of my imagination.

I love to read original fiction and enjoy the sort of book you can curl up with on a rainy day and devour. My primary aim in writing is to draw the reader into the story.

I want to take you on a journey you will remember long after you have read the last words.

What is my recipe for a good book?

Strong characters, a believable plot and an oversized dollop of humour.

Cassie’s Hope is my second novel, and my first attempt at writing in the YA genre. I thoroughly enjoyed connecting with my ‘inner teenager’ to produce this book.

Favourite Author - Mo Hayder. Scares the 'you know what' out of Sue.
Favourite Food - Anything that doesn't run off the plate. 
Favourite Movie - One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.
Likes - Writing, Reading, Travel, Keep Fit, Jelly Beans, Eating Out, Eating In (My partner in crime is a fabulous cook), Gin, Wine, Bourbon.
Hates - Inconsiderate people, War, Tripe - NO, JUST NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)