2/27/15

Virginia McKevitt Day 2 Feb 27th

Author Interview  Part 2


Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with your stories?
I was inspired by Anne Rice when I was younger. She had a business account with a company I use to work for and when I read her Vampire stories I was hooked. I haven’t had any help from other writers as I want this to be all me (scary, I know).

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
Review it, tell their friends about it, get their local library and book stores to carry it. If you love a
writer’s books, let the world know.

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
To readers I would say-writers are human too. Sometimes we write good, bad and ugly but we give it
our all. Readers are our life blood and without you we are dead in the water so if we make you happy,
let us know, if we don’t, let us know. If a writer is honest with themselves they will know the reader is only wanting the best from us.
To the writers out there-never give up, take good reviews as a gift and the bad ones as a closer look into what can make you better, but above all, never give up.

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
Dean Koontz. He scares the crap out of me, lol.
Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?
Not one particular thing but when I was very young I would rewrite the fairy tales I read to suit me. I
should have kept them, lol.

Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?
It comes from within. I kind of see my stories like movies playing in my head. The characters have a life of their own and I’m here to take notes.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?
I love gardening ( I was a professional landscaper before Katrina). I bred and raise Quarter Horses during most of my landscaping career, and I love art, though I hardly paint or draw anymore (my eyes just aren’t like they once were).

Favorite places to travel or visit?
I love New Orleans, my home town. I never get tired of going ‘Downtown’. Anywhere there is water, I love the restlessness of the ocean.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:( Include links to were we can find your work)
I have to pick one, lol!
Where was she? Was she dreaming? Yep, you’re dreaming, and you know what that means. It’s going to get creepy and it’s going to be dark. Why is it always dark when the baddies come out?
She heard a clock chiming somewhere behind her. She reached for her Dropon. Come on! No weapon for God’s sake! Okay, take a deep breath and let your eyes adjust. She saw movement to her right. The hair on the back of her neck stood up. She turned to brace herself against her attacker and laughed. It was a mirror. It was her own vague reflection she saw coming at her.
Kristina relaxed a little. Find a lamp or a candle, silly. She heard something scrape against the floor. The sound was subtle, like someone pulling a piece of paper across a rough surface. Goose bumps replaced the hair standing up on her neck. This couldn’t be good.
She felt a light breeze against her shoulders. A window! She put one foot slowly in front of the other,
following the direction of the breeze. The scraping sound was getting closer. A curtain fluttered against her face.
Kristina felt for the window. There it was. She moved her fingers across the sill, feeling for the window.
It was the kind that opened like French doors. She pushed at the doors and they opened, spilling bits of light from the half-moon across the floor.
The scraping stopped. It was right there, close enough to touch her. Kristina turned around slowly. Her heart was thudding against her ribcage so hard it hurt. A snake….but she knew that already.
It was huge. Like the ones in a horror movie. She watched it slither closer and pull itself up to her full
height. It was strangely mesmerizing as it swayed back and forth, watching her every move.
Kristina backed towards the French doors to the railing. It felt cold against her hands. She leaned over
and looked down. That was a far way to the street.
“You can’t save them all.”
Kristina swung back around. “Tegrin?”
“You will have to choose. You can’t save them all.” The snake was moving its mouth but it was Tegrin’s voice she heard.
“If I kill you I can.”
Alexasia’s laughter echoed around the room. “You had better hurry, dear.”


Fracture The Secret Enemy Saga book three Secrets

Thank you Julie for letting me spend some time with your followers. I appreciate it so much. Here is
where you can find me:

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007I0CTSG
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/148271
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fracture-virginia-mckevitt/1111202198?ean=9781475051735
https://www.facebook.com/virginia.mckevitt?ref=tn_tnmn
http://vmmckevitt.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/vmmckevitt
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+VirginiaMcKevitt/posts/p/pub
http://www.shelfari.com/books/28775265/Fracture-The-Secret-Enemy-Saga?widgetId=212657
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5773639.Virginia_McKevitt
https://www.youtube.com/user/vmmckevitt

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)