2/25/15

Trace Conger Day 3

Author Interview Part 1

First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m an author in the suspense, thriller and crime genres. Prior to writing full-time I
was a publicist, a copywriter, and a freelance writer. Now I tell lies for a living.

The Shadow Broker

Newest release?
THE SHADOW BROKER follows Finn Harding, a PI who recently lost his PI
license. To make ends meet he begins working for criminals who pay in cash and
don’t care if he’s licensed or not. He gets ensnared in a plot to take over a black
market information brokerage and finds himself entrenched deeper in the criminal
world than he ever expected.
With his own clients gunning for him, Finn (and his family) must evade a
psychopathic killer, special agents from the FBI’s cybercrime unit, and a Detroit
mob boss.

What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance, sex, blood
and guts?
Readers will get a lot out of my work. Because I write crime and suspense fiction,
I do include elements of violence and explicit language, but neither to excess.
Humor is another hallmark of my writing style. I can find humor is most any
situation and that trickles into my work as well. It’s mostly dark humor, but it’s a
significant part of my style.

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who and why?
Finn Harding, the protagonist in THE SHADOW BROKER, is my favorite
character at the moment, but that’s probably because he’s been in my head for
so long. We “go to work” together every day, and I feel like I know more about
him than any other character I’ve created.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:
While THE SHADOW BROKER is a work of fiction, the original idea is grounded
in reality. A few years ago I met a retired PI who explained that she used to work
as a black market information broker for a very short time (to make ends meet).
In that role, she acquired illegal personal information for her clients who paid top
dollar. After learning that these shadowy individuals exist, I was intrigued and
disturbed at the same time. This was the genesis of my novel.

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped
you out with your stories?
Joe Lansdale and Elmore Leonard have been huge inspirations. THE SHADOW
BROKER has a similar feel to many of their works.
What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
Independent authors depend on readers to help spread the word about our work.
Perhaps the best thing they can do if they like the novel is to tell their friends
about it. Readers can also help by reviewing my work on Amazon, Goodreads, or
Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)