2/15/15

Alanna Lucas Day 5




Thank you so much for having me on your blog. I really appreciate the opportunity to share my
journey with your readers.
My journey to publication started with a contest. In 2013, Boroughs Publishing Group hosted the
‘What’s in a Name’ contest. The guideline was to take the title of a song that inspired you and
adopt it as the title of your story. Since I did not have a completed novella- or any novella for
that matter- I wrote one specifically to be able to enter the contest. Face to Face by Siouxsie and
the Banshees was the inspiration for my novella.
With three days to spare, I exceeded the minimum word (by less than a 100 words) and
submitted my entry. I remember telling myself that it would be a miracle if I made it past the first
round. You can imagine my utter shock and delight when I learned that not only did I make it
past the first two rounds, but into the final round. That July while at RWA Nationals in Atlanta,
Georgia I found out that I won the contest. Too stunned by the news, I didn’t even phone my
family right away!
Almost 1-½ years later, what started as a contest win has turned into a series of novellas inspired
by dancing where the hero and heroine experience the allure and sensuality of the waltz. Here is
a little teaser of each…
Face to Face
A masquerade, a chance meeting, and a kidnapping: Little did Miss Penelope Ashurst realize that
breaking the rules would result in the adventure—and love—of a lifetime.
When We Dance
Nigel Rochefort succeeds at everything he attempts, but burying his family in scandal and
breaking up a wedding while seducing the bride is not quite what he had in mind. Nor was
finding true love.
Mistletoe Waltz
Trust, patience, and mistletoe must overcome a forced marriage, dark secrets, and a looming
shadow that threatens all chance of Faith finding love with the Marquess of Hawthorne.

Coming soon…
Dancing Around the Truth, the fourth novella in the In His Arms series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)