4/26/13

Review of SWIMMING WITH THE DEAD‏ by Kathy Brandt


SWIMMING WITH THE DEAD‏

AUTHOR - KATHY BRANDT
STARS - 5
REVIEWER - WENDE SHEETS

Michael Duvall was an avid scuba diver. Loved the water, loved the sea life and wanted it protected. While working on his dissertation on the British Virgin Islands, he becomes trapped under sea and drowns. George Duvall, Denver Police Commissioner, was not going to accept that Michael's drowning was an accident. George is convinced that Michael was killed but who and why ??

Hannah Sampson, a Denver Homicide Detective, is being hired by George to find the missing puzzle to Michael's death. Hannah has the experience and know how to get the job done. Hannah and Michael had one thing in common - scuba diving. Hannah is also head of the Denver underwater recovery team. She has the experience and know how ! 

Hannah hadn't even unpacked her bags before a blue Honda tries to run her down. Every step Hannah takes on this beautiful island the more clues she finds. Michael was found trapped under the wreckage of a Russian Refrigeration Ship. When Hannah goes down for a view of the science she encounters more than she hoping for.

What a great read ! Murder, love and suspense all under one title.  Just when I thought I had it figured out the author added another exciting twist. There was many times while reading this I dreamed of sitting on a beach ! I loved the vivid descriptions of the under water life, so colorful. I even learned some really neat facts about coral reefs.
Very good read and I will be reading book 2 !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)