4/29/13

Review of Son of our Blood by Kathi S Barton‏

 Son of Our Blood
This book starts with Mac MacManus dreaming he is a vampire killing the girl he is drinking from.  Mac is actually a vampire but he has never taken blood from a person much less killed them doing it and he has been having the dream for years but always with different girls and all have turned out to be real.  He also is not happy being a vampire and would rather end his life.  He is offered a deal that if he will help track down the killer he sees in his dreams then he will be allowed to meet the sun, like anything is ever that simple!

I did really enjoy this book it was well thought out with the two plots combining nicely and it had a really nice light touch, the characters we met were great and quite amusing. The problem for me is that this is book 12 in the series and I kept feeling that there were inside jokes that I wasn't getting and there was a massive cast of characters that was hard to keep track of for a newbie.  However it was one of those books that makes you want to go out and find book 1 and start from the beginning rather than never touch another in the series.  If you HAVE read any of the others then I sure you would find this a total delight and this is certainly an author that will be going on my wish list!

I'm giving this 4 out of 5 stars just because I'm missing too much knowledge from previous books to know if it really qualifies as awesome!
Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)