11/13/15

Review of Sapphire Legend by EL Tenenbaum

Review of the Sapphire Legend part 1 by E.L. Tenenbaum

Sapere lives with the third tribe of the Oro tribes, which lives next to the Wild. The Wild
is a forested area in which dangerous creatures lurk behind dark shadows. But the Wild is the
only place that Sapere feels at home. It’s because of her secret, a gift that she’s had since she
was twelve, but this gift is only supposed to be inherited by men. Her tribe is made of families
that possess the abilities of animals. Sapere’s family possesses the deer, which means the she
has excellent hearing and can run fast without any effort. She keeps this a secret for the fear of
what will happen after everyone knows.
Sapere has been represented to a man named, Nashere. She knows that Nashere will be
a good husband and she hopes she will be a good wife, with their wedding coming soon. On the
day of their wedding, their tribe is ambushed by the Pliz. The Pliz are a neighboring tribe that
have never liked using their gifts and despised others that did. Many people died during the
attack, including Sapere’s parents and her husband. Her only surviving family member was her
sister, Onyx. Sapere, Onyx, and a few other survivors were forced to flee Into the Wild, the
place where only Sapere knew the surroundings. Sapere is forced to postpone her grieving time
in order to help lead the remainder of her tribe.
I had no idea what this book was about going into it, and I think that it is really good. I
loved the concept of this story. I think that it's really cool how Sapere as a gift that has to keep
hidden. I feel as though it's her super power. The author was able to really bring Sapere to life. I
felt as though I knew her for a very long time. I really enjoyed learning about all the characters.
Their personalities and emotions came to life throughout the story. The plot was so fascinating.
The author described the excoriated animals that Sapere had encountered with great detail. I
kind of wish that it would have been a faster pace. I gave this book 3 of out 5 stars.

Tana B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)