11/6/12

D.C White Review of Capital Angst

Capitol Angst     D.C. White

A seemingly random killer is stalking the streets of Washington DC, with seemingly no pattern or motive.  It is up to Kat Thomas, head of the homicide department, and her team of detectives and investigators, to find out who the murderer is.  It doesn’t take too many before the entire populace is up in arms.  Kat is having problems of her own, particularly with the attentions of one of her co-investigators.  The body count rises until they finally break the case that has had all of DC in a frightening stranglehold.

“Capitol Angst” was my first foray into political suspense.  The research that went into writing this book was very thorough, and the dialogue was really well-written.  Writing a novel in the present tense is not easy, but the effect is outstanding.  It makes the storyline that much more frantic and gritty, which is what I think the author was trying to achieve.  That being said, however, I felt there wasn’t enough segue between scenes; the book was 90% dialogue, and rarely did the scenario switch without warning.  This would be a real five-star book if more detail was given throughout.

# of stars:  3

K.R. Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)