5/3/15

Jean C Joachim




GRIFF MONTGOMERY, QUARTERBACK, FIRST & TEN SERIES

Short Excerpt
“Who do you like better, Lauren or me?” The quarterback cracked open an eye to
glance at the bathmat.
The pug yawned and shifted position.
“Yeah, Lauren. I know. But you’ve been with her a lot longer. I’ll grow on you.
Trust me. I’ve already grown on her, haven’t I?” He chuckled, his lips turning up
in a sly little smile.
Spike snored.
“You don’t have to admit it. She likes me almost as much as she likes you.” He
dunked a loofah then squeezed soothing droplets on the biceps of this throwing
arm.
The only reply from the sleeping pooch was a soft snort.
“Okay, okay, maybe not almost as much. But I’m getting there.”
Silence.
“I get why you like her best. She’s amazing, isn’t she?”
The soft burr from Spike answered the question.
“Yeah. I know. And pretty. She’s got the cutest little—”
A knock on the door made Griff jump and slosh water on the floor. He swore.

Snippet
“Do you want me to stay with you?”
“Please. I don’t want to be alone.”
He got in beside her and tucked her against his chest. She snuggled down.
“Look there,” he said, pointing. “See the moon? It’s full.”
She nodded. He was lying behind her, his arm around her middle, holding her fast.
Lauren laid her hand on top of his.
“I’m here. You’re safe. Close your eyes. I’ll be right here if you need me.”
“Thank you,” she whispered and brushed her lips against his arm. Griff kissed her
hair and tucked his knees up under hers. The warmth from his body soothed her.
Her muscles relaxed as she stared at the moon for a moment before falling back to
sleep.

Blurb
He wanted a wife. She didn’t want to get married – ever.  Not exactly a match
made in heaven. Ten years ago, Griff Montgomery, star quarterback of the Kings
and womanizer, became a stand-in father for his widowed sister’s kids. After they
moved away, Griff wanted his own family. But where does a “player” go to find
his ideal mate?
Having sworn off marriage forever, Lauren Farraday barely kept her life together
after her divorce. With her career shaky and depression closing in, the last thing
she needed was a courtroom battle with a sexy athlete.
Wary of Griff’s reputation with women, and hiding a secret, Lauren holds on to her
heart.  Can the quarterback handle the truth or will he walk away, like he has in the
past?     

Buy links:
http://www.amazon.com/Griff-Montgomery-Quarterback-First-Book-ebook/dp/B00T751A58/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/griff-montgomery-
quarterback?store=allproducts&keyword=griff+montgomery+quarterback
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/griff-montgomery-quarterback/id966737535?mt=11
https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/griff-montgomery-quarterback

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)