5/5/15

Caia Fox Day3

Caia Fox Interview

First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
Hi! I'm Caia, married with two kids and a secret sexy romance writer. My family know I write but they don't know my pen name, so I can't give too many details in case it gives the game away.

What’s your newest release?
My latest published story is "On Fire (Punished by the Fireman)" though I am hard at work on a new story about a woman who returns to her old school for a reunion and meets up once more with the hot teacher she tried her best to tease and torment in class.

What can we expect from your stories: action, drama, romance, sex, or blood and guts?
Romance, happy endings and no one gets hurt unless the beg to be punished (as many of my heroines do)

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? If so, who and why?
That has to be the au pair from London in my "Love Three Ways" serial. She arrives in New York feeling unloved. Her parents don't care and her boyfriend cheated on her. She learns what love is and feels better about herself as the story progresses despite the complications of a three way relationship. I didn't see how such a relationship could be supportive until I wrote the story and ran with the emotions of it all so it was a learning experience for me too.

Give us an interesting fun fact about your book or series.
All my stories have something of me in them, but I won't say what :)

Have there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with your stories?Almost every book I read is an inspiration, and I read everything from the classics to chick lit to erotica.

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
 I love it when readers write to me and say what they liked about a book so I can write more stories that make them happy. But any reviews are helpful and it is nice when they share my work on social media or their blogs too.

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
For readers - read what you enjoy. Life is too short for worrying about what others say you should or shouldn't read. For writers, don't try to get published. Just make the book the best you can (put a deadline on that or it can go on forever!) then publish it yourself. I wrote my first stories and did nothing with them for months before I dared to publish. I wish I had found the courage to do it sooner. If you are nervous about putting out a longer novel as your first published work, try a short story to get used to self publishing.

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
I like all kinds of authors so there's no one I am particularly drawn to. I'm enjoying the book I'm reading at the moment ("Falling" by Emma Kavanagh) which is the one we're all going to discuss at the next meeting of the book club I'm in.

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?
I didn't start writing stories until last year so I remember my first book very well - Discipline and Desire. I was over the moon when it had its first ten sales on the first day it was published.

Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?
Most of it comes right out of my head. Apparently, I have a much naughtier mind than I thought. Oh, and I like people watching :)

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?
I've lived in five countries in Europe and worked on projects in many more, been burgled by my next door neighbor, had a baby without pain relief in Holland and been marched off a train behind the Iron Curtain (when there was one) in a country that doesn't exist any more.

Favorite places to travel or visit?
I love Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Florence, Venice, and Nice. I can never visit them enough.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:
“Take off your blouse, Rose,” he said gruffly.

My eyes widened. What was going on here? I looked at Jack, and he made a slight nod with his head as if to say “Go on, do it,” and I reached for the buttons. It seemed like we were playing some sexual game here, the kind of game we'd never played. Dangerous but oh so seductive. I didn't understand what was driving me to comply, but I seemed to be going along with it.

This is from "Punished by His Boss”, which is about a wife learning she likes to be punished. You can find details on this (and all my books) here http://caiafox.com/books 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)