2/2/13

Review of Picker by Chad Schimke

Title - Picker
Author - Chad Schimke

I have been to New Mexico when I was younger and one thing I loved about this book was how descriptive it was. I felt like I was there seeing the colors and landscape. Chad Schimke did an awesome job of combining a story of crime with southwestern culture. 

Fernando is the main man in this nail biting story that takes you to the edge of your seat and back! ! Fernando's deceased father, Juan Carlos built a family career in crime ! From drugs to their brothel the "Casa Blanca". After Fernando's father died he took over as the new family crime boss. We read about his brother, uncle, mother and cousin who all play important roles in keeping the family business going. The story picks up with a longtime rival of Juan's, Chango who is looking to shut Fernando and the family business down. Chango is seeking revenge on the Carlos family and does not care who he takes down with him! The story jumps back and forth from past to present which is great in explaining situations. It was a great read and I will be looking for more this author!


Review by - Wende Sheets5 star :)

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)