6/3/15

Review of Obsession by L.B. Darling

Review of Obsession by L.B. Darling,

I found this novel to be disturbingly realistic, almost to the point of overkill. The characters were
realistically portrayed as real people who might live next door. The setting, a small town in Maine, was fleshed out extensively, from the abandoned mansion to the failed and failing businesses on Main Street, and all had contributions to make in the telling of the story. The idyllic cabin in the woods, near the obligatory lake was well situated for a tale of this ilk, a stalker and his victim. The action, of which there was plenty, started immediately and wouldn’t let you go. A thoroughly enjoyable, if at times frightening, tale of the human foibles that sometimes lead to disaster, and a great example of just how far people will go for survival, both in a good sense and a bad one. Without hesitation, I give this excellent example of a thriller, five stars.


by John Andersen for Julie’s Book Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)