4/27/14

Interview with Karin Tabke

Welcome to JBR.  Today we have Karin Tabke with us.   




What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance, sex, blood and guts?  

Almost all of the above!  Regardless of the sub-genre I’m writing, all of my stories are emotional character driven romances.  Passion rules.


Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and Why? 

I love writing hot cops.  I married one and as the saying goes, I write what I know!

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series: 

The Chronicles of Katrina was written because of a dare.  ^.^



Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with your stories? 

The Chronicles of Katrina would never have been written if my friend Sylvia hadn’t kicked my butt and dragged me to RT last year.  There, The Dare, the first book in The Chronicles was born. I wrote the entire rough draft on the flight home. I knew I had something special when I stepped off the plane. Simon and Kat were meant to be.


What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful? 


Read it, talk about it, post reviews, share links, talk about it, talk about it, talk about it!  J


Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published

Hone your craft.   Write.  Write. And then write some more. 


Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?  

I have several.  I love Sylvia Day’s writing, and the way she brings her characters alive.  I just discovered Joey Hill.  Love her depth of character and scorching stories. Tawny Weber’s stories make me smile.



Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable? 

Oh yes, The Song Remains The Same.  I wrote it in high school.  Oh, my, was it ever a train wreck, but oh how I loved my characters and how they loved each other. I can still feel their passion for each other decades later.


  
Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work? 

I just look around at my life.  It’s full of complex characters, love, drama, passion and laughter.


Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share? 


I used to raise snakes.  In another life I think I was a herpetologist.



Favorite places to travel or visit? 


My favorite place to be is with my family, wherever they are.  Along with some great wine, and good food.  It makes for the best of times.  J

Thank you for stopping by.  We will continue tomorrow with more from Karin Tabke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)