4/6/15

Bernard Foong Day 1

Thanks for stopping in today! 

What can you tell us about your current work in progress?
I’m working on A Harem Boy’s Saga - book IV – Turpitude; a memoir by Young.
It’s a lengthy process since there are a lot of my young life experiences to cramp
into each volume. Each book is approximately 3 months of my life, spend in
service at a total of 7 different Arab Household harems.

For readers who don’t know what A Harem Boy’s Saga is about, here is a
synopsis:
A Harem Boy’s Saga – Book I – Initiation; a memoir by Young.

This provocative story is about a young man who was initiated into a clandestine
sexual society. He was spirited to the Middle East, from his UK boarding school.
He attended the Bahriji School (Oasis,) in The United Arab Emirates in preparation
for serving in Harems for the wealthy and elite.
It is also a love story between the young man and his ‘Valet’ who served as his
chaperone and mentor during the boy’s Harem service.
Author’s note:
I had a privileged and unique upbringing in Malaysia. Following in my brothers'
footsteps, I was sent to an exclusive boarding school in England. It is there that I
was inducted into a clandestine organization, E.R.O.S. The Enlightened Royal
Oracle Society. For four years, unbeknown to my family, I was willingly and
happily part of a Harem.
My story has been kept under wraps for close to 45 years. The correct moment
has arrived for me to make known my unique education.
There are 7 books to this series.

What’s your primary method of writing?  Do you brainstorm, work from an outline, or just jot down
whatever comes to mind?
Writing a memoir or an autobiography is vastly different from writing a fictional
novel. I’m writing about events, situations and emotional feelings that had
happened, of ‘remembrance of things past.’ My outline, inspirations come from
an abundance of old photographs, journals/diaries I had kept during the various
periods of my life.
Although in the books, I’ve changed the names and places to protect myself and
those involved, the experiences and events that happened are true. The creative
part of my writing are in the dialogue throughout the books. Although I am able
to remember the overall gist of what was said, I had to make up the dialogue
since it’s been over 40 odd years since these events/situations occurred.

Who inspired you to get into writing as a profession?
An inner calling told me to document my unique education. Now, is the correct
moment to tell my story. Other factors that influenced me to write are:

 Provide Tolerance to Sissy Boys by understanding parents/peers and
the community.
Anderson Cooper 360 documentary on the devastating treatment of
effeminate boys influence me to tell my story.

Bullying can be Avoided through Big Brother/Big Sister volunteer

 Gay Adolescent Tolerance – parents/child/siblings relationship issues.
programs in school or outside school system. Older students acting as
mentors to younger students.

Support/mentorship program to all parties involved to foster
understanding and acceptance of Gay kids.

Provide an Alternative Educational System;
Understanding Big Brother/adolescent mentorship programs in schools,
BB as protector to keep younger kids from being bullied.

Human Relationship Building Program;
Between parents/teachers and young students on sexual topics/issues,
especially when adolescent are just discovering their sexuality. They can
be guided on a healthy and honest sexual journey instead of “don’t ask,
don’t tell” hide it behind the closet policy.

Let’s go silly for a moment – if you could be any character from a TV series, who would it be and why?
I love the BBC TV miniseries, Downton Abbey. I will like to Lady Mary. She is
elegant, cool, sophisticated, worldly and stylish. Not to say I’m not all of the above
but I miss the wealth I was inducted into during my young years.

Do you have a particular favorite spot to write?  How about a favorite food or drink to stoke the ingenuity?
I move between my writing desk in my workroom and the lanai (balcony). It is
very pleasant to sit outdoors to write, especially when living in Hawaii. The
winters here (like now) are very temperate and cool. Perfect place to write and be
surrounded by nature.

What sort of advice can you give to those who are just getting into this field?
Stay focus. My modus operandi: the 3Ps: Perseverance, Persistence & Patience.


Ranked Internationally Best Selling Author on amazon.com
 
A Harem Boy's Saga - Book I - Initiation (a memoir by Young)
A Harem Boy's Saga - Book II - Unbridled (sequel)
A Harem Boy's Saga - Book III - Debauchery (triquel)
 
A Harem Boy's Saga is a 7 books series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)