7/27/13

Review of the Goatman by Jeff Fuell

 The Goatman by Jeff Fuell

This is about 3 friends Dan, Bluesman, Amy.  Teens who live in Corpus Christi, TX.
This story is told by Dan 30 years after the fact.  As no one would have believed him back then.  Going back to 1983 and being 13 with his first crush, hair cut short and a mongoose to get around town. Amy wears braces and Dan is afraid of getting is lips caught in her braces as that is what the rumors say!  So he is afraid of getting his first kiss from Amy.  Bluesman got his name from singing the blues at school during school!  The 3+ a dog plan a day were they ride out to Goatmans to just hang out in the middle of summer.  What they find is more than any 13 yr old should ever have to see.  Not giving away this exciting part!

This was such a surprise for me, as it is not my regular genre.  This book took me back to my teen yrs (early 80's),  it was such a great innocent time.  Except The guys I knew had long hair and our mode of transportation was Skateboards.  Reading this book reminded me of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer &  Stand By Me.  What a great story and well developed characters.  I laughed at the caned soda incident and many other parts.  I highly recommend this book to teens and adults.  I look forward to reading more from this fantastic author!

5 STARS
Patches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)