7/3/13

Interview with Nic Taylor

Welcome to JBR!

We are thrilled to have you visiting today. 

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Hi, I’m Nic Taylor. I live near Plymouth in Devon, the southwest corner of the UK and about a mile from the beach. My time is pretty much equally divided these days, between my kids, two teenage boys, Adam and Dan and my four year old daughter Shakira, my writing, my research and the local rugby club. Between the four of them they keep me pretty busy.

What genres do you like to write?

The books I prefer to read are of the thriller, crime, espionage genre and that is the genre I write in for my fictional novel, although I have written several scientific papers that have been published.

What is your newest release?

My first novel A Plague of Dissent was released about 3 months ago; there was a promotional event on at the moment 26th – 30th June which is going very well, giving away free copies that I hope you all took advantage of.

What are you working on right now?

My next novel is titled Gaia’s Warriors. Some the characters from A Plague of Dissent make it through to the pages of this novel; it also introduces the reader to a new arch antagonist Alec Shepherd. Alec a onetime environmentalist spent his entire working career upon such environmental issues as over fishing, whaling to pollution, finally has enough and takes action to ensure the survival of the planet.

Any future projects you can hint about?

Yes there are one or two other ideas I am working on but in much too early a stage to talk about right now.

As a writer can you give an aspiring authors any advice or some of your wisdom??

Wisdom! I wish. No you will get none of that from me. The best advice I can give is perseverance, the world is always to egger to knock you down and you have to learn to get back up and keep fighting.
If you could meet one character from your books who would it be and why?
The Prime Minister, in my book David Blain so I could tell him what we really think about him and his policies.

Are there any other people or authors that have inspired you or helped you along the way?

I get inspiration from things and or events happening around me. I have travelled a great deal, and have lived in the Caribbean and South East Asia, so much of my inspiration comes from my travels and the experiences I have had along the way.

How about some fun stuff? 
what is you fav activity besides writing?

I love all sorts of water sports, my travels again have taken me to many out of the way spots to dive and surf, I have also done a lot of sailing. Presently, living in the UK cuts out a lot of that as I am a bit of a coward when it comes to cold water, and as a consequence of that I spend a lot of time in the gym; I train at least 5 days a week and coach rugby to 16-18 year old boys. But my favourite activity is most definitely watching my two teenage sons play rugby.

Do you own any pets?

No. I don’t have the time for any.

Fav place to travel?

Generally that would be South East Asia; there are some wonderful places that still haven’t been explored that much but the specific favourite would be Nusa Lembongan, a tiny little island off Bali in Indonesia where they cook the best seafood anywhere in the world. It also has some fantastic diving; some of which is dangerous and deep; here you can witness Sun Fish (Mola Mola) being cleaned by tiny little fish which swim in and out of their mouths and gills. When I go there I stay in a little shack on the beach and in the evening walk (there are no cars there) to the fishing village a few mile further along the beach to eat.

Fav author you can recommend to our readers?

My work as a adventure photographer and cameraman took me to so many out of the way places, some of which took days to travel to. As a consequence I was hardly without a boom in those days; sitting in an airport waiting for a plane or on a dock somewhere waiting for the tide and a fishing boat to take me out to a desert island I found the time went quicker with a book in my hand. I read so many books. Some of which were on the best sellers list that I grabbed at the last minute purely because of that and were not very good at all. I wouldn’t go as far as saying any where an inspiration but I did think I can do better than that and have tried with A Plague of Dissent; not sure if I have succeeded though yet. But in answer to your question, No I have neither a favourite writer nor book.

and finally where can we find you and your books (include links)
 http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00B3HSS3U http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Plague-Of-Dissent-ebook/dp/B00BRI7YMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362908235&sr=8-1

Thanks for coming and visiting with us. Wish you great success!
Julie Ramsey
ADM JBR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)