1/13/15

Cecily Magnon Day 2

Welcome Cecily Magnon. 

First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

HI Julie! My name is Cecily and I currently live in Northern California, where I continue to work in a day job that helps keep my analytical side occupied, but my true love (besides my kids and hubster) and what gets me to smile is when I get lost in the creative.
I feel more balanced when I can use a little bit of this and a little bit of that part of my mind.

Newest release?

Ooh, Dark Skies: Order of the Anakim.  This is the third book in the current series I'm building about an ongoing struggle between angelic descendants (The Anakim) and the demon hordes. The story is set in modern day San Francisco and revolves around The Order (our good guys).

What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance,sex, blood and guts?

My stories have a little bit of everything -- action, drama, romance, and sex. Dark Skies has more sex than the previous book, Gathering Storm. The sex scenes were definitely driven by the demon queen in this book.  She was insatiable!

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and Why?

I have a special place for all my characters, but I would have to say that I'm really into Ashtaroth right now.  She's my demon queen and she's strong, beautiful, arrogant, and very sexual. However, she's also my villain so there are no barriers with her. She can do anything and get away with it because she's just that type of character.  You want to hate her, but you can't.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:

The entire series started with a vision of a guy pacing back and forth inside a club. I couldn't see his face. It was hidden underneath a hood, but I could tell he was agitated, impatient, but he was there for
something important. I tried to ignore it. My mind wanders all the time. I've always been a bit of a day dreamer. But I kept going back to it and each time, it was like the camera inside my head was panning out and I could see just a little bit more, and a little bit more. I didn't really know what to make of it, until a good friend told me,
"Write it down. See where it goes."
By the time, I stopped writing down what I saw, the first book in the Order of the Anakim series, was
written.

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with your 
stories?

The good friend I mentioned above? Her name is Nancy Brooks and she's also an author. She's a big
inspiration to me and if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be writing again.
She's that friend that I can have a conversation with and we can talk about our book characters like they were real people. She gets me and because she's a writer too, she understands the pain and joy that comes with writing.

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?

Please leave a review  and tell everybody about it. MUAHAHAHA!
But, seriously, I would love to hear from readers. Tell me what you think, what you loved, what you
would do different to the characters. I want to deliver great stories and I can only do that with feedback.

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?

Readers, we authors love each and every one of you. It is because of our hope and faith that you will
somehow find one of our books, read it, and love it, that we do what we do. Most authors/writers are in it for the love of creation and we leave a piece of soul in each piece we create -- for you.
Writers, don't let fears get in the way of your dreams. Self-publishing is an awesome opportunity to get your work out there.  It's not easy, but a dream worth chasing never is.

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?

I love Nancy Brooks' books.  Yes, I'm a bit biased on this one, but even if she weren't my friend, I would still love her work.  She's an incredible writer and when I read her books, it always transports me to the most exotic places. I love JK Rowling. I fell in love with the Harry Potter series for the same reasons I love Nancy's books.
If I can put myself inside the story and see, feel, hear, smell what the characters are experiencing, then I'm a fan for a life.

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?

I wrote a short story when I was in high-school about this average boy that no one ever noticed.
Unbeknownst to everyone, he was actually a powerful wizard. (LOL! My short story was years before Harry Potter. I was kicking myself, when I first read JK Rowling. Hahaha! I don't write anywhere near as beautiful as JK Rowling, but Harry Potter, reminded me of my George Penderderoga.)
What makes that story memorable for me is that it's the first story I wrote without rules. I had fun writing and it didn't feel like a school assignment! It was the first time I realized that I really liked to write.

Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?

I read a lot, I people watch, I have lively characters in my life called family and friends, and then for the weirder stuff, I pull stuff out of my dreams.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?

I love to read Oracle Cards.  They're different from Tarot. Oracle Cards have a gentler energy to their
guidance and once you connect with a deck, it is very accurate.

Favorite places to travel or visit?

I would love to go back to Hawaii one day. I felt very at peace there.
I'd also love to visit Greece, Spain, and Italy someday. This trip is in my Bucket List.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us: (Include links to where we can find your work)

Passions are erupting…
Cryptic alliances are forming…
Armies are gathering…
And the fabric between good and evil is slowly tearing open…
Time is running out on Elysa and The Order of the Anakim. A gathering gloom hangs heavy over their mystic realm as the demon hordes measure a final deathblow in their age-old struggle. Step by step, the demons murder, capture, and conjure their way to a realm unified by utter darkness. Their ruthless queen Ashtaroth – guided only by ambition and her voracious thirst for carnal pleasures, masterminds their rising tide of evil.
The Order must unify its splintering members to meet the defining challenge of their history…
or pass forever into oblivion.
But in a world where magic, warfare, and sinister prophecies rule the day… in the night, vile enemies may seek thewarmth in each other’s touch…
At this vital juncture, Elysa’s passion is lured by a wicked voice both arousing and terrifying. If the love between Elysa and Jarron is eternal, it will have to overcome pressures seen and unseen and withstand the crush of an all-out attack by demon forces.
Darkness is bleeding its treachery into our world and Elysa and The Order of the Anakim must find a way to combat the gathering doom.

Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Skies-Order-Anakim-Book-ebook/dp/B00QBQWLXQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)