6/26/14

Janette Harjo

Welcome Indie author Janette Harjo

Hi!  I’m Janette Harjo and I’m so happy Julie invited me to be here today!

First why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Newest release?

I signed my first contract last year with a digital publisher for a Trilogy - CONNECTIONS.  I have since received my rights back, yesterday as a matter of fact and I am so excited that I will now be able to go Indie with it/them! 
Although the first two – FATED & CONNED have already been live on Amazon et al; the entire Trilogy will be my first Indie release!  I have many more to follow soon after bc, as I tell people; I’m an overnight success in 24 years.  :)  I’ve been writing and learning my craft all those years and now have many I just need to polish up and publish! 

What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance, sex, blood and guts? 

My brand is romance with the mystery of paranormal and fantastic events.  The stories I write engage the mystery of the reader’s imagination in the rides they are taken on.  The style of romance in them is sweet bc they bring the reader up to the close of the bedroom door and leave the rest to the reader’s imagination.   It is very important to me my readers are always left satisfied.

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and Why?

There are three main characters in CONNECTIONS; the hero and his heroine and a little boy.  I love all three of them.  While I can’t say there is a “favorite,” I would have to say I had the most fun writing the little boy, Scotty.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:

Supernatural magic is a main force in CONNECTIONS.  My muse and I had quite a bit of fun with all the “what ifs” involved in its creation.  While the final novella in the CONNECTIONS trilogy will not be released until it is put up live as Indie published; the first two received only 4 & 5 star reviews from those lucky few who got to read it  here’s what some of those readers enjoyed about the first one, FATED:

I was immediately drawn into the unique style of writing, which obviously enhances the story and the period in which it is written.  I can't wait to buy 'Conned'! – Norma S. Humphreys, Amazon Reader

The supernatural, battles of good vs. evil, putting aside differences; this story hits on all of these. A great, gripping story from beginning to end! - AJ, Amazon Reader

The author, Janette Harjo, uses a style that befits the era and place of the story.  If you like a well done romance, you're sure to enjoy Fated.  I think Janette Harpo will have a long and successful career as a writer. - Jean Kilczer,  Author

She is quite entertaining! - Alex "Blue Eyes" – Amazon Reader


It's an easy read - engaging and quick to get through.  So an unusual setting for a romance and a good fun read all around. Highly recommend this one. - Petal, Amazon Reader

Read this book and it's awesome!! You won't be able to put the book down until you've read it all!! Can't wait for the next book to come out! I would recommend it to anyone – Tari, Amazon Reader

I found it fascinating.  The end of the book left me wanting more. What happens next? I can’t wait to read the second in the trilogy.   Janie Baker, Amazon Reader

I will surely wait to read the other books of this trilogy to find out how finally Valerie and Alecksander gets together and live happily ever after. – Tista Ray; Goodreads

And now for a few readers’ thoughts on CONNED, the second book in the trilogy:
How much is illusion and how much reality? Janette Harjo, herself a master illusionist, conjures behind the scenes and develops a solid romance novel that will keep you at the edge of your own imagination. - - Jean Kilczer,
Author

Seductive characters and intriguing plot.  Strong characters and a fast pace kept me involved in this story 'till the end. - Giulietta  - Amazon Reader

As in the first book, questions arose about character--his, this time and not hers. Then what happened to the young boy, Scotty?  To find answers, read Conned, but be forewarned that the complete resolution between Valerie and Alecksander won't come until Book 3! - Janie Baker, Amazon Reader

There's all kinds of supernatural mystery going on in the background and obstacles are thrown in the way of the hero and heroine getting together despite their obvious and timeless attraction. In this second book we get more of a glimpse into the larger plot including who (or what) might be keeping them apart.  Really looking forward to book 3! - Petal, Amazon Reader

If you like evil wizards and curses then you will like this story! - Alex "Blue Eyes" – Amazon Reader

She is creative, thoughtful, and has a great imagination. It shows in her books. The reading is easy, keeps you wanting to know what happens next. - Carol D. Tamparo – Amazon Reader

"Conned is a book that begged me to read it. It's a story that makes you react, punch your pillow, smile and sometimes I felt like shouting at the main character so she wouldn't mess things up. I liked it. If you love historical books with playing-hard-to-get romance and a smudge of fantasy then you'll be glad you read this book!" - Douglas R, author - Goodreads

Has there been any other authors who have inspired your work or helped you out with your stories?

The answer to that would be Romance writers of America and especially everyone in my local RWA chapter.  While there are many benefits and opportunities available to me as a member of RWA; I have the good fortune of belonging to the BEST RWA chapter in the WORLD!  Just my humble opinion, of course.  ;)

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?

Spread the word!

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?

One word – Perseverance!  There is nothing that will stand in the way of perseverance.  :)  Trust me; I know.  I persevered for 24 years before I became an “over-night success.”  LOL!

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?

I have too many favorites to list individually, so I say,  “Authors of Romance are my favorites!”

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?

The first thing I wrote…It’s still on a cyber-shelf and I DO plan to return to it one day.  It’s a paranormal time travel about a ghost and a living woman.  I know it’s good, bc it was requested TWICE by Bantam, but it was stll too early in my career for me to pen it correctly.  :(
Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your work?
My imagination.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?

Not really.  My boyfriend is my “pet.”  (there are all kinds of stories there)  LOL!  I keep busy enough as a co-caregiver for my mother, about an hour a day at the track, my writing and life in general for any time left over for a hobby or quality time for “another” pet.  ;)

Favorite places to travel or visit?


I went to Europe for a month in ’05.  I’ve GOTTA GO BACK!  There’s too much to see in so short a time!  I would LOVE to be a world traveler.  My favorite local (continental) place to visit is RENO!  I Love that City!  I play Blackjack.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:( Include links to were we can find your work)

Excerpt from Conned – CONNECTIONS 2 ~

Just inside, Valerie froze in her tracks with her back to the magician who followed her in. Her heart beat so hard she thought she might hyperventilate and faint. When she spoke, she did so quietly, “I must tell you. Even though I don’t believe in it, I confess I have experienced the same sensations between us as you tell me you have.”
He did not say a word. Instead, he placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her around to face him.
Valerie’s knees weakened. She felt like putty in his hands. She could do no more than float around to face him under the command of his hands. The sultry kiss he placed on her lips enraptured her. She could not deny it—or him.
Alecksander’s arms enfolded and tightened around her upper body. They caressed along the contours of her back and sent waves of sexual excitement though her. Her arms roamed over his back in a like manner.
Their kiss intensified. Their bodies melded together. Their hearts matched each other in beat. She sensed his arousal through the folds of their clothing. The excitement in her craved what he offered with every ounce of her being.


I’m sorry to say I have no links for my work at the moment.  My publisher pulled my books from all platforms when they ended my contract with them.  But have hope!  My ENTIRE Trilogy will be Indie published by me and LIVE ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the featured author yet. Quite honestly, I don't often distinguish between indie, self-published, and traditional published authors. I like them all. I think Hugh Howey is indie, and I really like him. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)