6/22/14

Christina Belcher

Short Bio:  Christina Belcher

Reach for the moon, because even if you miss, you will be among Stars!!!

I am a 41 year-old mom of two beautiful girls that are 22 and 19 and now understanding what my parents went through when I was that age. So proud of my oldest who is now living on her own and very proud of my youngest because I know she will make the right decisions and choices in life and I will be there to guide her.
I started realizing my desire to write when I was in the sixth grade and our teacher gave us a special project.  We wrote our own stories and then we had to illustrate the pictures.  Also, the teacher showed us out to create the binding with a hardback cover.  Our projects were entered into a “Young Authors” Contest.  NO!  I didn’t win, but that doesn’t matter!  It was the fuel that sparked my interest in writing.
When I was in high school, my favorite subjects were English Literature.  I adored reading all the classics and went above and beyond when we had to keep daily journals.
It wasn’t until  2005 that I began writing my first novel, “Amirae’s Moon Spirit”.  I was dedicated too!  Bought my first laptop at Staples (PAID WAY TOO MUCH MONEY BACK THEN) and I would sit on the sidelines of horseback riding, cheerleading, and soccer practice, tapping away at the keys.  I sent the manuscript to several publishers with just as many rejects, so you can imagine my excitement when I submitted to a “not so good” POD site and they accepted it.  My first novel was published 2006!!!  I got a 7-year contract that I had to sign.  Being a newbie and not knowing the ropes, I didn’t realize that I was being duped.
Lesson Learned!!!  Just another stepping stone in my journey.   Now that contract has ended and my first novel…well my first BABY – has been revised and re-published through Amazon.
Since then I have published my 2nd book and moving towards the 3rd…and many many more!!!!
I get lost in the worlds that I create and I absolutely LOVE getting to know my characters.  Well they won’t ever shut up!!!  They are always talking to me and sometimes they push each other out of the way to get to the forefront of my mind…giggles.
Happy Reading and Writing all!



and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)