6/27/13

Interview with Paula Millhouse

Julie's Book Review would like to introduce Paula Millhouse. 
Welcome to the site. We are all excited to meet and learn more about you.

Let's start with Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Thanks for hosting me today, Julie. I’ve been married to my hero for twenty-five years, and I work as a Family Nurse Practitioner during the day. I started writing young, encouraged by my mother, and three years ago I started writing seriously for publication. I write fiction at night, on the weekends and any second I can steal away.

What genre's do you write? If more than one do you have a favorite?

I write high heat fantasy romance, stories just shy of erotica, but with a bang for your buck, nonetheless. IMHO, story matters most. I also love writing romantic suspense, you know, thrillers laced with romantic tension.

What can we expect from your books? Action, sex, adventure, romance?

That’s a great question, Julie. Let’s go with all of the above. I love to get lost in the action and adventure of my stories, and usually that involves a hero and heroine, some pretty steamy displays of their romance and a happily ever after.

Thrillers and mysteries lack enough romance for my taste, and I always want to spice up traditional romances with fast-moving action. I love to write well-rounded stories incorporating all these delicious elements.

Hey, life and the media has enough sadness and evil to overwhelm us all, so I figure my fiction is the perfect place to remedy all that.

Do you have a favorite book or character of yours that is a favorite? Why?

Yes, Dr. Nick Franklin from my Wishes Chronicles romantic suspense series. Nick was the first hero I wrote, and he occupies a unique place in my heart.

And, then there’s Magnus, the Aurora class dragon in Dragonstone.

Can you tell us anything on your newest release?

I’d love to! Thanks for asking.
Somewhere north of Middle Earth and east of Westeros the Kingdom of Chalvaren carved out of the mysterious mountains of Drahkos, lies Castle Elias, waiting by the sea. In that castle a royal dragon egg hatchery is maintained, watched over by warrior elves, dragons, and their wizards.
In DRAGONSTONE, a mercenary with a cause fueled by elven legend, double-crosses the queen, and steals a royal dragon egg.
Elf prince Kort Elias gives chase, and follows the mercenary – his job, recover that egg. Stranded in another dimension, Kort finds the dragonlet has hatched, and his quest intensifies. If the warrior prince doesn’t find the young dragon, and return him home safely, devastation looms for his people.
Magnus, the horse-sized baby dragon leads Kort straight into an impending disaster; he’s located the lost princess of Chalvaren, Mia Ansgar, who guards an artifact of immense value to Kort’s people, the Dragonstone.
When Kort’s discovers Mia guards the priceless jewel, his plans change radically, and he realizes he must return them all to Chalvaren.
The one thing standing in his way is his princess.

Are you working on anything new? When will it be out and can you give us any details....hints?

I am currently working on the follow-up novel to Dragonstone. I hope once readers get the story in their hands, they’ll want to know what happens to Kort, Mia and Magnus next. The working title is Dragon’s Heart, we’re looking at a before Christmas publication date.

I’m also working on a romantic suspense novel showcasing the skills and emotions of my hit-man Tony Aiello who first appears in Careful What You Wish For.., and it’s follow-up novel, All Your Wishes.

What kind of advice would you give new authors or people who are trying to get published?

Keep writing. Don’t listen to everything you hear about how to write. Just follow your soul, and get the words on the page. Oh, and do yourself a favor and find a publisher you love, and cultivate a solid relationship with a professional editor.

Lets find out a little more ....How about some FUN stuff!!

Cool!

Favorite place to travel?

Anywhere that broadens my horizons, really. I have a fondness for the sea and shore. Writers thrive on new stimuli, and we owe it to ourselves to experience life in new environments.

Favorite foods?

Does dark chocolate count? I love salads with new spring greens, and the works, but really expensive, exceptional dark chocolate always gets my attention.

Favorite past time?

Writing. And reading. But mostly writing.

Book (not yours but one you can recommend)

Blood Vine, by Amber Belledene. Her vampire’s valiance still throws me to the floor every time I read that story.

Author (one you can recommend)

Can there ever be just one? I’m enjoying reading books from all the Boroughs authors, and I love Steven James, and Harlan Coben, for their thrillers. I love the pacing of their stories, and hope to someday achieve that level of storytelling.

Any pets?

I wish I owned a dragon…(and when I write in my Chalvaren Romance line, I get to play with them) but here on Earth I’ll settle for my pride of three regal pussycats, and their eternal protector Brutus, my American Bulldog.

Finally is there any special places we can find you and your books (Links please)

Yes, and thanks for asking, Julie:
Website/Blog Address: www.paulamillhouse.com Publisher’s website: http://boroughspublishinggroup.com/paula-millhouse Twitter Address: https://twitter.com/@pmillhouse Facebook Address: http://www.facebook.com/authorpaula.millhouse Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pmillhouse/dragonstone/

BOOK BUY LINKS:
Boroughs Publishing Group Book site: http://www.boroughspublishinggroup.com/books/three-wishes
http://www.boroughspublishinggroup.com/books/dragonstone
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CRMRWPK

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/315795

All Romance ebooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-dragonstone-1208608-143.html

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17915693-dragonstone---a-kingdom-of-chalvaren-romance



It has been a pleasure visiting with you. JBR wishes you great success and hopefully you will be back here again with more reviews of your future books.

Julie Ramsey
ADM JBR

3 comments:

  1. As usual, a wonderful interview, Paula! I love hearing about all your wonderful fantasy characters and Dragons' Heart sounds like a wonderful sequel to Dragonstone. And a lady that likes dark chocolate is always close to my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in, Sue.

      I think Julie's done a wonderful job this week with the interviews of all the Boroughs Pub Group authors.

      Thanks Julie!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks...i am so happy you all are liking the feature. There is more to come....

      Delete

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)